Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question on removing Wii internal battery

Posted by sailorsonic 
Question on removing Wii internal battery
December 16, 2009 02:44AM
Greetings,

My wii has been making a an annoying sound when I put a disc in. Its just loud. I found this by searching google.

[gbatemp.net]

It shows me how to quiet the wii again. My only fear is that if i remove the internal battery will i lose the game info I have on the Wii?

I know that i can back up some of the game save states on to a sd card, but I can't do that with Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I really don't want to start all over again on that game.

So if anyone can answer me I would most appreciate it. Plus if you can tell me what the wii will lose if i remove the battery.

Thank you
Re: Question on removing Wii internal battery
December 16, 2009 03:08AM
There's nothing in that guide about removing the Wii's internal battery. Actually, does the Wii even have an internal battery?
December 16, 2009 03:37AM
according to this:

[www.youtube.com]

it does. I'm only asking because i've never opened the wii, i'm still waiting on the tri wing screw driver to arrive.

i was just using the guide on how to open it. but it just occured to me that i may not even have remove the battery to open it.
December 16, 2009 04:16AM
Okay... But that video isn't in the guide you linked to. I'm really pretty sure you won't have to even touch it.

Anyways, to answer your original question, I can only assume that nothing will be erased beyond some your Wii settings. Backing up as much data as you can on an SD ftw! BootMii NAND backups ftw! too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2009 04:17AM by Arikado.
December 16, 2009 04:59AM
yes i know, the 2nd guide helps me open the wii, as i have said i've never done. i looked up that one since the noise fix guide, did not show me how to open it. i should of been more clear, sorry about that.

thank you for your reply.
January 11, 2010 01:22AM
Your clock time/date will reset. That is all.
January 26, 2010 10:06PM
Also, IIRC you don't need a triwing to remove the battery, it is a slot with an ordinary screw at the bottom of the Wii. I might be wrong though...
March 29, 2010 05:58AM
Muzer
Also, IIRC you don't need a triwing to remove the battery, it is a slot with an ordinary screw at the bottom of the Wii. I might be wrong though...

You're not. It's meant to be user replaceable in case it dies. If memory serves, it's a CR2032 Cell Battery
June 23, 2010 10:28PM
You can remove the battey, Ive done it many times, All it is is to keep time on the Wii when its unpluged, Plus the saves are In FLASH memory so they arent lost.
September 13, 2010 04:27PM
cactusjack901
Muzer

You're not. It's meant to be user replaceable in case it dies. If memory serves, it's a CR2032 Cell Battery

That is funny because that is the same exact type of battery that is in the PS3 80 gig 2008 model
September 16, 2010 06:17AM
zeveroth
cactusjack901

That is funny because that is the same exact type of battery that is in the PS3 80 gig 2008 model

And almost any pc motherboard made in the past 15 years. Hardly uncommon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login