Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can someone give me official specs of the sensor bar?

Posted by Videogamer 
Can someone give me official specs of the sensor bar?
October 25, 2011 10:58PM
I type "wii sensor bar pinout" and other searches like that, and I find nobody seems to have specs on any sensor bar. They have posts with pics of their own sensor bar, but no specs with numerical values.

I need the official Nintendo datasheet on the sensor bar. I want to know if the current limiting resistor for the IR LEDs is in the bar, or the wii. I want to know what the open circuit voltage of the wii sensor bar port is on the wii console itself (I assume it's 3.3V, 5V, or 12V as these are the most common voltages used in computers). I want to know which pin is + and which is - on the connector for the sensor bar. I want to know what the current draw of the sensor bar is. I need to know these specs so I can conduct an experiment with the sensor bar. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Best outcome will be that someone can provide me with the official Nintendo datasheet for the sensor bar. Next best outcome is that someone with an EE degree can use a scope, meter, and other electric test equipment and determine these specs experimentally and can then send me these specs.

In any case I really need help finding these specs.
Re: Can someone give me official specs of the sensor bar?
September 23, 2012 04:36AM
All I know for sure is the sensor bar takes 12V. It's nothing but a bunch of IR LEDs on a wire. Open it and see/measure for yourself.
Re: Can someone give me official specs of the sensor bar?
September 23, 2012 08:22AM
Please stop replying to dormant threads like this one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login