Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for some collaboration

Posted by RazorChrist 
Looking for some collaboration
May 13, 2009 07:47PM
Hey guys, I've been working on my game for a few months now, and I'm not getting any further with the game engine. Right now, I have a half-assed working 2-D version, but my goal is to make it 3-D. I've tried various engine ports, and can't get it to do what I want. So I've either got my coding wrong, or I don't fully understand the workings of GX. Most of my game is currently using GRRLIB, at least for the menu, which I would like to keep if possible. But I want the game itself to be in 3-D.

If you're not aware of the game I'm making, you can check out the Wiki page I added for it. It's got screenshots of my current Wii version, as well as images of the 3-D version (currently only runs on winblows). I'm not sure if I actually need some collaboration, or if I really just need help understanding how GX functions work....specifically how you go about combining A TON of vertices into a solid 3-D model. I've looked over a bunch of guides and example source on GX and 3-D, but I think it might be starting to go over my programming experience head, so to speak. I was able to get a few of the gl2gx examples to work, but once I started modifying them and putting my own stuff in, it stopped working.

By the way, the 3-D version I have working on windows is written in BlitzBasic, which I can't port over. But if I could port it, the game would be 90% finished...lol...(fail?) Unless someone knows how to port over Basic. (I saw a Basic lib in development, but I don't think it was ever completed)

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. If anyone would like to help, or even just give me some GX pointers...it would be much appreciated.
Re: Looking for some collaboration
May 14, 2009 06:36AM
Just confirming, you just want tips and information on the GX library and not additional coders for the project?
May 15, 2009 07:44AM
For the moment, I think I'm just looking on information on GX. I might ask for additional coders in the future, depending on how far I can take it myself before I get stuck.
May 15, 2009 09:34AM
Try using [code.google.com]
note i am NOT the author, his email is somewhere in the code or on code.google i believe.
May 17, 2009 02:17AM
Thanks mav, I'll take a look.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login