Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unnofficial AnyRegion Changer 1.2 and AnyTitle Deleter 1.1

Posted by bg4545 
Unnofficial AnyRegion Changer 1.2 and AnyTitle Deleter 1.1
September 10, 2010 07:55AM
Well I know I just made a topic in the Ideas, requests section, but I thought I would see what I can do with the source of these two apps.
What I did was take "RuntimeIOSPatch.c" from Dop-Mii [iospatch.c from FTPii] and incorporate it into these two apps. (I don't know if it will do anything exactly but I thought it seemed like it would make it work.) Looking at that code it adds isfs_permissions_patch and es_identify_patch which are both needed by ARC and ATD. I believe that's how Dop-Mii works and I took that and [I think] implemented it into ARC and ATD. I also changed ARC so that it does not install 3.2, but rather 4.2. I've also removed the Shop country code because the Shop Channel doesn't allow region switching anymore (it does but not without deleting your account). I've also included the [modified] source code for anyone to see (although I didn't change that much :P ).

I cannot use "my" Wii to test these (I'm "not allowed" to have homebrew on there) so I was hoping someone would test for me. I am not a coder although I do understand some of what I see in the source for these apps so I don't believe these versions are any more dangerous that the originals, but be aware that these apps can be dangerous and should probably be tested by users with BootMii as boot2 and a NAND backup. Also, I do understand how the Wii works (basically) so I am fairly sure that installing System Menu 4.2 (and IOS70) with ARC will work but I will test that myself if I get the chance.

In short, I have no idea exactly what I did, but I believe I did everything well enough so that the apps should work without problems.
Anyways, without further ado:

AnyTitle_Deleter_v1.1_TEST.rar

AnyRegion_Changer_v1.2_TEST.rar

Updated the apps again, hopefully works now :P 9/11/10 6:27pm (PDT)
See last post in this topic.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 08:36AM by bg4545.
Re: Unnofficial AnyRegion Changer 1.2 and AnyTitle Deleter 1.1
September 10, 2010 10:56PM
Upon my own testing I can see that it does not work. I think I know why and I will update the post as soon as I compile.
Should be fixed. The same download link will work. Now someone should test for me :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2010 11:11PM by bg4545.
September 11, 2010 07:12PM
wait, let me see if i have under stood what you said, you have made some apps that should work the same as any title deleater and any regon changer, but your not sure? when i get home i'll give them a test, but i recomend anyone testing these has bootmii as boot 2 and a nand backup. Just to be on the safe side.
September 11, 2010 07:19PM
newlife
wait, let me see if i have under stood what you said, you have made some apps that should work the same as any title deleater and any regon changer, but your not sure? when i get home i'll give them a test, but i recomend anyone testing these has bootmii as boot 2 and a nand backup. Just to be on the safe side.

Not exactly. He modified those apps, so they should work without patched IOS. He didn't "make" the apps per se. And he also mentioned that testers should have BootMii/boot2 and NAND dump ;)
September 11, 2010 10:07PM
SifJar
newlife

Not exactly. He modified those apps, so they should work without patched IOS. He didn't "make" the apps per se. And he also mentioned that testers should have BootMii/boot2 and NAND dump ;)
Exactly. I didn't add any of my own code (I'm not a coder), I just modified the existing code.
September 13, 2010 03:06AM
With school, I don't have time to test ATM, but just out of curiosity, why did you choose system menu 4.2 for ARC? Wouldn't 4.1 or 4.3 make more sense?
September 13, 2010 06:18AM
I just decided to put 4.2 so I could test a simple downgrade (I'm on 4.3) but I am not able to test 'til my brother is at school and I'm at home so, Tuesday. (Gotta sneak the HBC on there temporarily...)
It's a simple change if you'd prefer a different version

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2010 07:03AM by bg4545.
September 13, 2010 11:27AM
rather than HBC you could use pussy loder, it doesnt leave a treace and is a 1 use only (apparently) i'll see if i can find it and post a link.
September 13, 2010 03:49PM
Well if I'm doing something like this I'd rather have the HBC and BootMii
September 13, 2010 07:48PM
newlife
rather than HBC you could use pussy loder, it doesnt leave a treace and is a 1 use only (apparently) i'll see if i can find it and post a link.

All that does is temporarily patch System Menu with Priiloader-style patches. Nothing in anyway related to this stuff.
September 13, 2010 11:19PM
SifJar
newlife

All that does is temporarily patch System Menu with Priiloader-style patches. Nothing in anyway related to this stuff.

My bad, i am working from memory, I remember that there is a loader that simply runs as a 1 off hack, but i cant remembe the name, i'll have a look see if i can find it.
September 14, 2010 02:32AM
newlife
My bad, i am working from memory, I remember that there is a loader that simply runs as a 1 off hack, but i cant remembe the name, i'll have a look see if i can find it.
Well any of the exploits (Bannerbomb [of course not on 4.3 though], Smash Stack, IndyPwns, Yu-Gi-Oh) can run homebrew without traces and using LoadMii would work similar to a temporary HBC, but for what I'm doing BootMii+HBC is best and I can remove it (HBC) afterwards. I've always left BootMii on there as I take the SD card and my brother has no idea.
September 14, 2010 08:33AM
Meh, tested myself and I can't get the apps to work so I guess there's no need to test. Someone [a real coder] should update these apps...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.