Custom HugoGX
August 01, 2011 06:42AM
Hey all, just wondering if anyone would like to test out a custom HugoGX I've been working on the past couple of days. I originally just wanted to get it compiled with the new libogc libraries, but ended up fixing a bunch of junk that I thought would make it more useable for me.

Fixes:
- updated libfat, so you can run it off your HCSD cards, and it seems to read USB well enough as well (not well tested).
- had to fix something in the sound generation callback code to fix a crash, seemed like a trivial change, and sound is still kind of crappy and slower than the original console (not my forte...)
- updated the controller timeouts to 180 seconds from 60 (the time until an inactive wiimote turns off)
- added automatic saving and loading of save data, which probably needs some actual testing, but works fine for me. Going to the menu writes the savedata, so don't forget to do that.
- rapid fire now works fine, and I've remapped the button layout on the classic controller to be more what I'm used to (rapid fire is mapped to X and A, as you'd expect).

Bugs?
- In doing this, powering off with any power button seems to have been broken, and just does nothing at all. You'll need to quit the program to shutdown. I tinkered around with this for a bit, but wasn't really confident in my ability to make sure everything was de-initialized properly...

Here's a link, give it a go, please don't report any long outstanding bugs because I'm totally aware of them and the fact that I won't be able to fix them :P

Link to the file (not the dropbox website) --> [www.dropbox.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login