Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are these legal?

Posted by SifJar 
Re: Are these legal?
June 18, 2009 10:32PM
SifJar
And now the creator has been driven out of the scene by marcan.
Marcan can't be responsible for icefires personal actions. If icefire wants to continue, theres nothing marcan can do.

SifJar
he says he didn't realise the copyrighted stuff, and was about to release a completely legal and useful app (which may have been WADder 3.0)
WADder has been illegal since the beginning for the same stuff its still illegal for now (the banner code) :P How could icefire not have realized?

SifJar
but marcan drove him out of the scene.
Again, thats not marcans fault (assuming icefire really left, and I'm sure he didnt)

SifJar
I thought marcan was a nice guy.
He is. I've had many pleasant private conversations with him. As long as you don't act like a moron, he won't "flame you" :P (although I really wouldn't call anything hes ever done flaming)

SifJar
he used to be part of team twiizers. but then he "left" the scene.
Not entirely sure what happened here. I think it was an attempt to turn n00bs against brakk3n (who after attacking marcan publicly would swallow 100+ Xanax a few days later :P). FYI, marcan never left all the Wii related IRC channels. Thus, he never left the wii scene at all. I'm calling ios catz on this one. (There are still people out there who truly believe marcan is not still part of the wii scene btw - rofl)

SifJar
So why is he now driving others who are trying to make useful apps out of the scene, which he is supposedly no longer part of?
Rephrasing: Hes not driving people out of the "scene" He never left the "scene" While WADder is certainly useful, its going to have to be legal before WiiBrew accepts it. If you read the WADder wiki page, we're more than willing to do that. It just better be legal (for real) next time. (Another way of saying this: Get marcans approval before the next release ;) )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 10:33PM by Arikado.
June 19, 2009 01:25AM
Arikado, I'm going to have to swallow my pride and publicly admit ignorance:

What in effing crikey is ios catz [in ur wiiz checkin out ur isoz]?
June 19, 2009 01:57AM
Ios catz is a joke. Somehow gbatemp became consumed by the idea that Twiizers software implanted a secret ios that records what your wii does and reports to nintendo if youre seen pirating. Someone then said (bushing?) 'yes its true. We call it an ios cat.' Suffice to say, gbatemp was in terror for weeks over this joke. There were tons of new topics like, "How do I get rid of the ios catz?" posted. And then (best part) "developers" started to work on apps to get rid of the ios catz.
June 19, 2009 02:27AM
On the term "IOS cats": I assumed it was just a joke you came up with: LOL cats = WiiBrew = IOS cats :D

On the GBAtemp story: Seriously?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2009 02:28AM by daniel_c_w.
June 19, 2009 03:00AM
plus theres cieling cat, which AFAIK is the name for the GUI.
June 19, 2009 05:43AM
That sounds like the best prank ever. Silly GBAtemp.
June 19, 2009 03:08PM
When "temp" becomes "fail"...
June 19, 2009 05:33PM
DanielHueho
[www.wadder.net]
June 19, 2009 06:14PM
I thought Wadder was affiliated with GBAtemp :D
June 19, 2009 06:20PM
To my surpirse GBAfail.net is already taken.
Look where it links.
June 19, 2009 07:48PM
Some people have too much money :P
June 20, 2009 03:40AM
Oh wow.
Website of the day: GBAFail.net
June 20, 2009 04:10AM
That also means, that nobody should make a joke, when they mention GBAtemp to noobs.

:D
June 23, 2009 04:22AM
Arikado
DanielHueho
[www.wadder.net]

I'm pretty sure I've commited #8 numerous times, eh Arikado? Like the irrevelant advertising topic?

daniel_c_w
That also means, that nobody should make a joke, when they mention GBAtemp to noobs.

:D

Awwwww! Way to take the fun out of it!

Hmmmm....I'm surprised nobody mourned my x amount of days abscence.
June 23, 2009 05:19AM
z400100500
Hmmmm....I'm surprised nobody mourned my x amount of days abscence.

You left?

Reading your newest (er)rants makes me feel like you are always here :D
August 21, 2009 07:16PM
Arikado
SifJar
And now the creator has been driven out of the scene by marcan.
Marcan can't be responsible for icefires personal actions. If icefire wants to continue, theres nothing marcan can do.
You are completely right -- however, marcan is a Wiibrew administrator, and him banning me (which he has done many times) does in fact make it difficult for me to continue, such as getting help in #wiidev and other channels.

Arikado
SifJar
he says he didn't realise the copyrighted stuff, and was about to release a completely legal and useful app (which may have been WADder 3.0)
WADder has been illegal since the beginning for the same stuff its still illegal for now (the banner code) :P How could icefire not have realized?
Actually, WADder versions 2.0+ contain no banner code in them, they just edit existing banners (legal or not). There was one file, a .trailer file, that I did not know the use of -- that was becauseit has no use, and it was an accidental copy of a hacked nintendo banner that I did not know what it was. Marcan could have told me about it and it had nothing to do with WADder itself, it was not needed to run it and could be safely deleted with no side effects.
Arikado
SifJar
but marcan drove him out of the scene.
Again, thats not marcans fault (assuming icefire really left, and I'm sure he didnt)
Yes, I did for a while, but I am sorta-back now (moving to iPhone though)

Arikado
SifJar
he used to be part of team twiizers. but then he "left" the scene.
Not entirely sure what happened here. I think it was an attempt to turn n00bs against brakk3n (who after attacking marcan publicly would swallow 100+ Xanax a few days later :P). FYI, marcan never left all the Wii related IRC channels. Thus, he never left the wii scene at all. I'm calling ios catz on this one. (There are still people out there who truly believe marcan is not still part of the wii scene btw - rofl)
You can't attack me for saying I'm leaving and coming back since marcan did exactly the same thing. (I actually kinda got the idea from him, to tell the truth).

Arikado
SifJar
So why is he now driving others who are trying to make useful apps out of the scene, which he is supposedly no longer part of?
Rephrasing: Hes not driving people out of the "scene" He never left the "scene" While WADder is certainly useful, its going to have to be legal before WiiBrew accepts it. If you read the WADder wiki page, we're more than willing to do that. It just better be legal (for real) next time. (Another way of saying this: Get marcans approval before the next release ;) )
a) Marcan did leave the scene
b) WADder has been legal since march, except for one pointless file that if marcan had pointed out in a nicer fashion I could easily have removed.
c) WADder 3.0, which is now released, is completely legal.
d) Marcan will never approve an app on Wiibrew that is related to me, as far as I can tell

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 07:19PM by icefire.
August 21, 2009 07:21PM
ummmm... are you the actual ICEFIRE? You seem to be talking in 3rd person alot....
August 21, 2009 09:49PM
it says registered 12 months ago, so I'm gonna guess yeah

EDIT: and he posted a news article about that post on the wadder website

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 09:50PM by cactusjack901.
August 21, 2009 10:21PM
Great response icefire :-)

I have no return comment other than to point out that (1) I'm not attacking you and (2) I'm glad you're still working on Wii stuff (despite what may be implied the content of my comment).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 10:23PM by Arikado.
August 21, 2009 10:32PM
So WADder 3 is released? Cool. Hope this time there arent any accidental illegal files included =P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login