Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One DSi Topic to rule them all

Posted by Arikado 
Re: One DSi Topic to rule them all
January 22, 2010 09:18AM
darklink
unless it makes its game saves on the dsi's memory or the sd card like arikado said

Possible, but exactly how would the DSi manage the saves, there is no section in Data Management, unless they have it integraded with all the channels. Unless, they are planning on creating a update, to add that section.
January 24, 2010 06:55PM
hunterm
darklink
unless it makes its game saves on the dsi's memory or the sd card like arikado said

Possible, but exactly how would the DSi manage the saves, there is no section in Data Management, unless they have it integraded with all the channels. Unless, they are planning on creating a update, to add that section.

The savedata is stored within the content.bin:
http://dsibrew.org/wiki/Exporting_Apps
The System Settings application delivered with each DSi can be used to export applications from NAND to SD. The files created on SD are encrypted with AES CCM (CTR with CBC-MAC), using a combination of a shared key and a console specific key.

The application itself (APP), and the title metadata (TMD) is encrypted with a console specific key. This means that Nintendo intended that these files can only be imported back into the same DSi.

While the banner, the public savegame, and several other metablocks are encrypted with a shared key, which means any DSi can inspect these parts of the file.
April 26, 2010 05:45PM
yellowstar
SifJar: With that flash card loader, the idea was to mod cookhack to load data and code from EEPROM of other games, then execute card initialization, and boot /boot.nds from the flash card microSD FAT.(Takes a lot of space, and I never finished it since I ran out of usable games...)

just wondering if you could use warioware diy for this as it has a large save. 32mb iirc. figured that should be enough space?
April 27, 2010 01:00AM
SifJar
yellowstar
SifJar: With that flash card loader, the idea was to mod cookhack to load data and code from EEPROM of other games, then execute card initialization, and boot /boot.nds from the flash card microSD FAT.(Takes a lot of space, and I never finished it since I ran out of usable games...)

just wondering if you could use warioware diy for this as it has a large save. 32mb iirc. figured that should be enough space?
That would be more than enough space, but I'm not sure if it's currently possible to initialize a card with an exploit. Wintermute said on gbadev it's currently not possible to hotswap cards with homebrew. My nzonehtmlhaxx exploit might be usable in the DSi-mode Nintendo Zone client, but the beacon tag needed to fake an N Zone AP at home is currently unknown. This is impossible to use since only HTTPS is used on the servers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2010 08:14PM by yellowstar.
June 18, 2010 01:04AM
I hade a great idea for getting dsi homebrew to work but sense I am currently a noob when it comes to this kink of thing I was hoping one of u could
Make it possible (just credit me lol)

Could someone make a HB app for wii that will load via HBC and use the wiis wireless capabilities to install a HBC for the dsi via ds download play such as how the Nintendo channel sends demos to Ur ds and once installed can run apps from SD card?
June 18, 2010 04:10AM
I believe the demos are signed, plus DS Download Play hasn't been reverse engineered yet. I think. So currently It isn't possible.
June 18, 2010 12:48PM
Z31daG33k
Could someone make a HB app for wii that will load via HBC and use the wiis wireless capabilities to install a HBC for the dsi via ds download play such as how the Nintendo channel sends demos to Ur ds and once installed can run apps from SD card?
blasty spent a sleepless month or two working on this and couldn't come up with anything. You're free to try though :3
June 18, 2010 06:55PM
Don't think I would be able to come up with anything but I guess I will try..
August 14, 2010 06:06PM
Quick question there is no current exploit for homebrew on the ds yet but nintendo are releasing updates should I update or not (bearing in mind when an exploit is made I want to actually be able to use it!)?
August 14, 2010 06:12PM
There ARE two public exploits currently, just not very useful as there isn't SD init code to load stuff off SD, nor are there useful IOS exploits for installing e.g. a custom channel

The last update (which IIRC was a LONG time ago) didn't do anything about these exploits, although they did exist then.
August 14, 2010 06:32PM
SifJar
There ARE two public exploits currently, just not very useful as there isn't SD init code to load stuff off SD, nor are there useful IOS exploits for installing e.g. a custom channel

The last update (which IIRC was a LONG time ago) didn't do anything about these exploits, although they did exist then.

I haven't updated or been online with my ds in a really long time yet though :D
August 14, 2010 07:03PM
Well, you can do, as nothing is broken with the updates
August 14, 2010 10:31PM
Has anybody figured out what the last Nintendo Zone update does yet? The Wiki still says that it is unknown what has changed.

Also, didn't 1.4 break some stuff, because it says that all flashcards were blocked with that update.

If a useful exploit is found, I actually hope it isn't released. Maybe Nintendo won't fix it in the 3DS if they do not know it exists.
August 16, 2010 05:36PM
SifJar
nor are there useful IOS exploits for installing e.g. a custom channel
There is no DSi IOS. DSi has ES from IOS though, but that's only in sysmenu and the settings app. Btw, the common key is useless/pointless for installing homebrew titles, since you can write to NAND directly, you can't really use ES anyway since that's sysmenu/settings only. The key is only useful for reverse engineers for decrypting titles from CDN/NUS, but title key decryption can't be done on a computer due to F(X^Y). Even if you could work around TMD verification etc when booting the title, that wouldn't work either since _everything_ in the NDS is signed and verified on boot.

winmaster
Has anybody figured out what the last Nintendo Zone update does yet? The Wiki still says that it is unknown what has changed.
I'd look at the NZone v2.0 to compare with v3.0 to find what exactly changed, but I only have the NZone v3.0 bin not v2.0. Some the things I know that changed by using NZone(at home in USA where NZone is non-existent anymore) is: 1) they added html attr "dialog" parsing code, so it displays a dialog before entering third-party sites 2) The "home" icon for returning to sysmenu and previous pages etc was changed to a "back" icon.
August 16, 2010 06:14PM
yellowstar
(at home in USA where NZone is non-existent anymore)

I was wondering about that. Is DS Download Play the US equivalent to Nintendo Zone, or are they two completely different apps? Also, does this mean that the February 9th update does not apply to Americans?
August 17, 2010 04:57PM
winmaster
yellowstar

I was wondering about that. Is DS Download Play the US equivalent to Nintendo Zone, or are they two completely different apps? Also, does this mean that the February 9th update does not apply to Americans?

No, WMB/DLStation is completely different from NZone, read the wiki page: [dsibrew.org]
By "non-existent" I meant no test NZone services exist in USA anymore, and the NZone update was global it included USA.
August 17, 2010 07:00PM
yellowstar
winmaster
yellowstar

No, WMB/DLStation is completely different from NZone, read the wiki page: [dsibrew.org]
By "non-existent" I meant no test NZone services exist in USA anymore, and the NZone update was global it included USA.

OK, I think I understand now.
August 24, 2010 10:08PM
I managed to crash DSi NZone twice, before Nintendo fixed the EUR server bug I was exploiting: [dsibrew.org]
August 25, 2010 12:47PM
[davejmurphy.com]

this is pretty cool, DSi mode homebrew, via the already released exploits, but without the 8KB limit. It installs code on the WiFi chip in an unused area that is accessible via DS mode using a DSi compatible flash card, then uses one of the exploits (either will do) to load that code, which then allows you to send homebrew from your computer to your DSi in DSi mode. Currently touchscreen and audio don't work due to bugs in libnds, but its still a pretty cool development, and hopefully people will be able to make good use of it.
October 15, 2010 07:46AM
Anyone have some dsiware which has ascii-only(no Unicode/Japanese support) string input? DSiware sd .bin exports savedata can be extracted+decrypted and modified+encrypted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login