Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Wiibrew Wiki HackMii Blog

Advanced

One DSi Topic to rule them all

Posted by Arikado 
One DSi Topic to rule them all
June 11, 2009 10:36AM
All DSi discussion here please. No flashcarts or piracy allowed.
Homebrew Channel DSi
February 24, 2009 05:38AM
I realize that TeamTwiizers have put loads of hardwork into there Homebrew Channel for the Wii. I've been wondering they are looking into Homebrew on the DSi. The DSi is perfect for homebrew especially with the ability to upload files with the SD card. I'm hoping that this is possible and will give me a reason to purchase the product. Does anybody know if TeamTwiizers have looked into this or anyone else has began to work on it.
Re: Homebrew Channel DSi
February 24, 2009 11:28AM
Yes. We have a website called dsibrew.org
DSi Homebrew
March 11, 2009 01:04AM
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a homebrew channel for the upcoming Nintendo DSi and installing it with a hack like Twilight.
Re: DSi Homebrew
March 11, 2009 01:13AM
DSiBrew: who is working on this?? -OT
April 04, 2009 01:51AM
Re: DSiBrew: who is working on this?? -OT
April 04, 2009 02:09AM
April 04, 2009 03:35AM
April 04, 2009 04:27AM
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that we just sort of randomly get a whim to hack on something, and then we just spend a weekend in front of the computer, and out come the hacks. Therefore, if there are no hacks, it means we haven't decided it's important enough.

Over a year went by between when the Wii was released and when we first were able to run code. What makes you think that the DSi will happen overnight?
April 04, 2009 05:15AM
April 04, 2009 07:36AM
bushing, I think that some sort of miscommunication has happened here. I'm not desperate or in a hurry to get the hack done, I'm in a hurry to inform the public that buying a new flashcart is a mistake. No worries anymore though, I posted a message on dsibrew.org. Take a look at it, do you think there is a better way to word it?

Also, I don't know much about getting any programming done. When there is work underway I would like to help if I can. Do you recommend something I could do to learn the skills?
April 04, 2009 10:32AM
If you want to help, try to find out anything you can about the DSi's software.
And buying a new flashcard can actually help you with that.

You can try to modify soem DS-code and try to peek aorund in memory.
(is a twiizer-like attack still possible? doubt full)

If you want to look for a twilight like hack, see check this list:
-find out if you can transfer DSIBrew-savegames?
-try to understand them and create c structs or c++ obects that can handle anything you find out
-try the same for the DSiBrew containers
-try if you can manipulate them somehow

-try if you can manipulate pictures or AACs to crash the photviewer or musicplayer
-if you find anything, try to exploit it.

Look around if anything of this has already been done (likely :D). document it on dsibrew or get other people to do it.
Any bit of information helps
April 04, 2009 03:10PM
April 04, 2009 03:33PM
thanks for the link Arikado

Is the bug/exploit documented somewhere?
April 04, 2009 03:36PM
Theres no documentation that I know of ATM. I'll see if I can get someone to put some up though.
April 04, 2009 04:22PM
should we make another, more accessible place for people to talk about this. Like a talk page on dsibrew.org with link to it on the main page?

I'll could go set one up.
April 04, 2009 04:36PM
This is the offtopic forum, so we can talk about almost anything here :P

I dont see anything on dsibrew for this hack, so a simple page with an embed of the video with some basic info on what the hack is probably wouldnt be that bad of an idea.
April 04, 2009 05:05PM
April 04, 2009 05:48PM
Well, hopefully Blasty will find time to fill in or add to your page.
April 04, 2009 07:15PM
Erm, while on the topic of DSi, anyone know how its OS runs? Is it similar to the wii with IOS or is it completely new? Im in the US so don't ask me to see if i can figure anything out. Proly wont get one for a while anyway. Also, will there be region locks on the DSi?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login