Advanced

One DSi Topic to rule them all

Posted by Arikado 
Re: One DSi Topic to rule them all
July 07, 2009 02:01PM
July 08, 2009 12:42PM
Thanks!
Where in the DSi created file is the HMAC stored?

Did you find out more about the data structures?
July 10, 2009 03:10PM
July 10, 2009 03:13PM
July 22, 2009 06:38PM
Just click on that HMAC link and read the wikipedia pages.
July 28, 2009 01:15AM
July 28, 2009 01:19AM
I saved the dsibrew sample image to my dsi sdcard and changed the name to a photo i already had on the sd card and the camera app opened it
July 28, 2009 01:45PM
July 29, 2009 12:16AM
i misunderstood wat u guys said i didnt know if the image was going to load
August 03, 2009 12:33AM
August 03, 2009 10:10AM
Oh, cool. But doesn't that mean Nintendo could patch it, and there isn't really anything useful can be done yet? Wouldn't it have been better to share it with a select few who could then use it for some more hacking and stuff, and they could figure out how to make decent homebrew before releasing it?
August 04, 2009 12:25AM
This is meant more for dumping RAM, testing DSi hw code, ect, not really for full fledged DSi mode homebrew. Basically only for reverse engineers. I doubt there's enough space for an assembly FAT driver. There should be enough of space out of 0x2000 bytes,(in cookhack) for a 4KB DLDI driver for raw sector access, and some RAM raw sector dump code.(And card init code.)
November 02, 2009 03:26AM
If you can do raw sector access, couldn't you then proceed to read a full-fledged loader off of the SD card? It might be that I don't understand what you mean by "sector access".
November 03, 2009 09:32PM
WikiFSX: There's plenty of space in cookhack to read and boot an .nds directly from FAT SD, if we only knew how to access SD... Using an flash card requires way to much space, you'd probably need at least 2 extra games with 8KB EEPROM each.(Tried it myself, I know of only 1 extra game I own that can be used for this...)
November 03, 2009 09:45PM
November 04, 2009 07:54PM
SifJar: With that flash card loader, the idea was to mod cookhack to load data and code from EEPROM of other games, then execute card initialization, and boot /boot.nds from the flash card microSD FAT.(Takes a lot of space, and I never finished it since I ran out of usable games...)
January 09, 2010 05:48AM
January 09, 2010 02:45PM
January 09, 2010 04:47PM
I don't think it'd have any benefit over a DSi enhanced game like the ones for which the hack was released, as they already get into DSi-Mode, so it its not getting into DSi-Mode that's the problem anymore afaik.
January 09, 2010 11:43PM
unless it makes its game saves on the dsi's memory or the sd card like arikado said
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login