Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One DSi Topic to rule them all

Posted by Arikado 
Re: One DSi Topic to rule them all
July 07, 2009 04:01PM
The images are signed using a HMAC. Good luck with faking that without knowing the secret key.
July 08, 2009 02:42PM
Thanks!
Where in the DSi created file is the HMAC stored?

Did you find out more about the data structures?
July 10, 2009 05:10PM
[hackmii.com]
I'm surprised there hasn't been any chatter about this yet...
July 10, 2009 05:13PM
svpe
The images are signed using a HMAC. Good luck with faking that without knowing the secret key.
svpe, my knowledge on cryptography is fairly limited, so forgive me if I don't completely understand your comment.

But are you saying that the key is the HMAC embedded in the DSi-made JPEGs that allows the DSi to read the JPEGs when said key is verified? Or am I (most likely) completely off target?

Perhaps you could suggest me some "summertime reading" on the subject.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 05:14PM by Arikado.
July 22, 2009 08:38PM
Just click on that HMAC link and read the wikipedia pages.
July 28, 2009 03:15AM
jotokun
Under the Origin catagory, the entry for "Program name" on the DSiBrew image that worked for me is "EINH". Its blank on yours.

Under the Image catagory, "Color representation" on the DSiBrew Image is "sRGB". Its blank on yours.

Under Camera, the "Camera maker" is "Nintendo" and the "Camera model" is "NintendoDS" on the original. Yours are "Nintend" and "NintendoD".

Under Advanced Photo, "EXIF version" is "0220" on the original, and blank on yours.

Hope this helps.

i have vista too where is all this???
July 28, 2009 03:19AM
I saved the dsibrew sample image to my dsi sdcard and changed the name to a photo i already had on the sd card and the camera app opened it
July 28, 2009 03:45PM
darklink
i have vista too where is all this???
Right-click -> properties

darklink
I saved the dsibrew sample image to my dsi sdcard and changed the name to a photo i already had on the sd card and the camera app opened it
Congratulations, you changed the name of a file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2009 03:46PM by Arikado.
July 29, 2009 02:16AM
i misunderstood wat u guys said i didnt know if the image was going to load
August 03, 2009 02:33AM
Errr.... source code for wintermute's exploit anyone?

http://drunkencoders.com/2009/08/dsi-hack-update/
August 03, 2009 12:10PM
Oh, cool. But doesn't that mean Nintendo could patch it, and there isn't really anything useful can be done yet? Wouldn't it have been better to share it with a select few who could then use it for some more hacking and stuff, and they could figure out how to make decent homebrew before releasing it?
August 04, 2009 02:25AM
This is meant more for dumping RAM, testing DSi hw code, ect, not really for full fledged DSi mode homebrew. Basically only for reverse engineers. I doubt there's enough space for an assembly FAT driver. There should be enough of space out of 0x2000 bytes,(in cookhack) for a 4KB DLDI driver for raw sector access, and some RAM raw sector dump code.(And card init code.)
November 02, 2009 04:26AM
If you can do raw sector access, couldn't you then proceed to read a full-fledged loader off of the SD card? It might be that I don't understand what you mean by "sector access".
November 03, 2009 10:32PM
WikiFSX: There's plenty of space in cookhack to read and boot an .nds directly from FAT SD, if we only knew how to access SD... Using an flash card requires way to much space, you'd probably need at least 2 extra games with 8KB EEPROM each.(Tried it myself, I know of only 1 extra game I own that can be used for this...)
November 03, 2009 10:45PM
yellowstar
WikiFSX: There's plenty of space in cookhack to read and boot an .nds directly from FAT SD, if we only knew how to access SD... Using an flash card requires way to much space, you'd probably need at least 2 extra games with 8KB EEPROM each.(Tried it myself, I know of only 1 extra game I own that can be used for this...)

You mean put a hacked save on each of them, then do the exploit, swap the games, it'll continue to do stuff from the new one, then swap again etc.? Is that possible?
November 04, 2009 08:54PM
SifJar: With that flash card loader, the idea was to mod cookhack to load data and code from EEPROM of other games, then execute card initialization, and boot /boot.nds from the flash card microSD FAT.(Takes a lot of space, and I never finished it since I ran out of usable games...)
January 09, 2010 06:48AM
hey a dsi only game is gonna come out, can anything be done with?
Dsi-only game

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2010 06:49AM by darklink.
January 09, 2010 03:45PM
darklink
hey a dsi only game is gonna come out, can anything be done with?
Dsi-only game
At most, it could let us run unsigned code in DSi mode which is something we can already do (unless of course it makes it's save games on the SD Card).
January 09, 2010 05:47PM
I don't think it'd have any benefit over a DSi enhanced game like the ones for which the hack was released, as they already get into DSi-Mode, so it its not getting into DSi-Mode that's the problem anymore afaik.
January 10, 2010 12:43AM
unless it makes its game saves on the dsi's memory or the sd card like arikado said
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login