Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One DSi Topic to rule them all

Posted by Arikado 
One DSi Topic to rule them all
June 11, 2009 12:36PM
All DSi discussion here please. No flashcarts or piracy allowed.
Homebrew Channel DSi
February 24, 2009 06:38AM
I realize that TeamTwiizers have put loads of hardwork into there Homebrew Channel for the Wii. I've been wondering they are looking into Homebrew on the DSi. The DSi is perfect for homebrew especially with the ability to upload files with the SD card. I'm hoping that this is possible and will give me a reason to purchase the product. Does anybody know if TeamTwiizers have looked into this or anyone else has began to work on it.
Re: Homebrew Channel DSi
February 24, 2009 12:28PM
Yes. We have a website called dsibrew.org
DSi Homebrew
March 11, 2009 02:04AM
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a homebrew channel for the upcoming Nintendo DSi and installing it with a hack like Twilight.
Re: DSi Homebrew
March 11, 2009 02:13AM
DSiBrew: who is working on this?? -OT
April 04, 2009 03:51AM
The DSi is out in Europe, Japan, and Australia and will be out in about 30 hours in the US. Is there anyone working (or planning on working) on a Twilight hack-like hack on the DSi. There is already a lot of DS homebrew out there and people are desperate to get this going.

Issues:
- Current DSi firmware disables use of all previous DS homebrew carts.
- People will have to buy a new DS homebrew cart to use homebrew on the DS unless a hack can be found.

The longer the time the hack takes to come out, the less support there will be for it. With products like this already available here, there will be less and less demand for it, and I'm sure there are many people who don't want to have to buy something like this when a free solution could be found.

I'm just concerned because I can't find any info on this after searching extensively online. If anyone has any info, lets get it out to the public!!

Team Twiizers, WHERE ARE YOU?!

If someone want's to email me: funkamatic (at) gmail.com
Re: DSiBrew: who is working on this?? -OT
April 04, 2009 04:09AM
Yes, we have a wiki set up here: [www.dsibrew.org]

I'm going to ask you calm down. Hacks take a lot of time to develop and if you're impatient, you can work on finding one as well.

We're openly not supporting flashcarts in favor of a software hack that will let us run unsigned code. In short: Wait, and hopefully we'll have an exploit out sooner than later. When?: When its done.
April 04, 2009 05:35AM
Arikado

I'm going to ask you calm down. Hacks take a lot of time to develop and if you're impatient, you can work on finding one as well.

We're openly not supporting flashcarts in favor of a software hack that will let us run unsigned code. In short: Wait, and hopefully we'll have an exploit out sooner than later. When?: When its done.

...I know aaaall about dsibrew.org. There's nothing there. I've been discussing this on the talk page of the from page. Calm down? uhhh...okay.

anyways, If there is this support you talk of, why is the information not on the main page of dsibrew.org?! People NEED to know this before they go and spend $30 on a flachcart! Do you not agree? I want some official information about who is working on this so I can update wiibrew.org to tell people about it. I emailed marcan, hopefully he'll get back to me.

And if there is ANYTHING I can do to help I will. I have a little programming skill (I took C++ and Basic in high school). If there you are anyone else working on this, tell me what I can do.

EDIT:alright, I posted a message to users on the dsibrew.org main page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2009 05:51AM by funkamatic.
April 04, 2009 06:27AM
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that we just sort of randomly get a whim to hack on something, and then we just spend a weekend in front of the computer, and out come the hacks. Therefore, if there are no hacks, it means we haven't decided it's important enough.

Over a year went by between when the Wii was released and when we first were able to run code. What makes you think that the DSi will happen overnight?
April 04, 2009 07:15AM
funkamatic
Arikado

...I know aaaall about dsibrew.org. There's nothing there. I've been discussing this on the talk page of the from page. Calm down? uhhh...okay.

Yes, calm down. The only person who is an hurry is you. The rest of us are either quietly working on hacks (and not writing about them, because we haven't gotten anything to work) or patiently waiting for someone else to come up with something.

And if there is ANYTHING I can do to help I will. I have a little programming skill (I took C++ and Basic in high school). If there you are anyone else working on this, tell me what I can do.

Sadly, you'll never get a serious (as in sincere) response to a kind of question like this. There's no grand master list of tasks to assign to people.
April 04, 2009 09:36AM
bushing, I think that some sort of miscommunication has happened here. I'm not desperate or in a hurry to get the hack done, I'm in a hurry to inform the public that buying a new flashcart is a mistake. No worries anymore though, I posted a message on dsibrew.org. Take a look at it, do you think there is a better way to word it?

Also, I don't know much about getting any programming done. When there is work underway I would like to help if I can. Do you recommend something I could do to learn the skills?
April 04, 2009 12:32PM
If you want to help, try to find out anything you can about the DSi's software.
And buying a new flashcard can actually help you with that.

You can try to modify soem DS-code and try to peek aorund in memory.
(is a twiizer-like attack still possible? doubt full)

If you want to look for a twilight like hack, see check this list:
-find out if you can transfer DSIBrew-savegames?
-try to understand them and create c structs or c++ obects that can handle anything you find out
-try the same for the DSiBrew containers
-try if you can manipulate them somehow

-try if you can manipulate pictures or AACs to crash the photviewer or musicplayer
-if you find anything, try to exploit it.

Look around if anything of this has already been done (likely :D). document it on dsibrew or get other people to do it.
Any bit of information helps
April 04, 2009 05:10PM
If anyones interested, Blasty has successfully made an exploit to run some simple unsigned code using FIFA 08
[www.youtube.com]
April 04, 2009 05:33PM
thanks for the link Arikado

Is the bug/exploit documented somewhere?
April 04, 2009 05:36PM
Theres no documentation that I know of ATM. I'll see if I can get someone to put some up though.
April 04, 2009 06:22PM
should we make another, more accessible place for people to talk about this. Like a talk page on dsibrew.org with link to it on the main page?

I'll could go set one up.
April 04, 2009 06:36PM
This is the offtopic forum, so we can talk about almost anything here :P

I dont see anything on dsibrew for this hack, so a simple page with an embed of the video with some basic info on what the hack is probably wouldnt be that bad of an idea.
April 04, 2009 07:05PM
Page here. I think that if people want to make their own page for their hacks that would be okay too.
The talk page is dedicated to finding and talking about hacks. talk page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2009 07:06PM by funkamatic.
April 04, 2009 07:48PM
Well, hopefully Blasty will find time to fill in or add to your page.
April 04, 2009 09:15PM
Erm, while on the topic of DSi, anyone know how its OS runs? Is it similar to the wii with IOS or is it completely new? Im in the US so don't ask me to see if i can figure anything out. Proly wont get one for a while anyway. Also, will there be region locks on the DSi?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login