Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Riddle me this

Posted by bobotehhobo 
Riddle me this
July 07, 2009 05:01AM
My Wii kicked the bucket a couple weeks ago, so I forked over the $85 to get it replaced. I get it today and serial is LU61(Originally LU10). But lo and behold, I cannot install bootmii on boot2 due to my version of boot1.

So they obviously took my wii and put in a newer board from LU64+ models. However I was on 3.3U. I installed a couple things and used Waninkoko 4.0 updated, which put it at 4.1 and corrupted the system menu. So I figured what the hell I have a warranty let me to just cios downgrade myself back to 3.2. It worked fine. Custom ios that will supposedly brick it install just fine.

So what the hell did they do to my Wii?
Re: Riddle me this
July 07, 2009 05:07AM
what the hell are you doing with cioses? running warez i expect. most likely updated it to 4.0.
July 07, 2009 05:14AM
Nope, haven't done anything like that. Was just testing because installing those things are supposed to brick LU64+ consoles and mine did not.

However, it seems whenever I install preloader it corrupts the system menu. As in straight out the shipping box with nothing else done preloader corrupted it.
July 07, 2009 01:35PM
LU64+ Wiis and Wiis with a fixed boot1 are not the same thing. A patched boot1 just fixes the signing bug which was originally present and enables BootMii to be installed (i.e. the bug which accepts a modified/fakesigned boot2), while the LU64 Wiis have certain other alterations designed to prevent IOS downgrading (which is generally used to permit cios/wad installation).

boot1 got patched sometime in 2008, before LU64 Wiis started appearing. There are plenty of non-LU64 Wiis with a patched boot1, so your experience is not surprising. They didn't put an LU64 board in your machine, they just gave you an LU61 machine.
July 07, 2009 01:48PM
alainvey
while the LU64 Wiis have certain other alterations designed to prevent IOS downgrading (which is generally used to permit cios/wad installation)

Can you go into details?
July 07, 2009 02:00PM
daniel_c_w
alainvey
while the LU64 Wiis have certain other alterations designed to prevent IOS downgrading (which is generally used to permit cios/wad installation)

Can you go into details?

I'm not sure what they are, but I think the systems prevent IOSes with certain (i.e. low) version numbers being usable (not just installable). I can't remember where I read this, and I'm not sure if it's true. Better ask someone with some knowledge...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.