Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newby son has problems with Bootmii, DVDx on Wii v4.2

Posted by highchair1 
Newby son has problems with Bootmii, DVDx on Wii v4.2
October 23, 2009 11:02PM
Help

My son has a Wii console that he has upgraded to ver. 4.2. I was told by a friend to read your messages for expert help. My son has added The Home Brew Channel vers. 0.3.6 Coder: teknecal and I think Bootmii vers 2.4 Coder: Pembo. He would like to play burned games on DVD and from the USB port.

· When he loads the Bootmii program under Home Brew an error pops up SD:/bootmii/bootmii.ini does not exist.
Press home to exit.

· Also he gets -2011 installing DVD stub ticket error when he loads DVDx Installer.

Below is the Sign Check file that we created

SignCheck 0.3 aka /dev/nintystuff build report
Wii region Usa
Wii unique device id 52244694

IOS number " ""Trucha bug""" " ""Flash access""" " ""Boot2 access""" " ""Usb2.0 IOS tree"""

IOS70 (ver 6687) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS61 (ver 5405) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS57 (ver 5661) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS56 (ver 5405) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS55 (ver 5406) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS53 (ver 5406) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3867) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS37 (ver 3869) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS36 (ver 3351) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS35 (ver 3349) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS34 (ver 3348) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS33 (ver 3091) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS31 (ver 3349) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1550) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS22 (ver 1037) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS17 (ver 775) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS14 (ver 520) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS13 (ver 273) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled

Files on SD Card

apps folders: bootmii_cfg_ed, dmp, dvdinst, fmylife, homebrew_browser, mplayer, savegame_Manager, signcheck, WiiEarth

Private folder: wii/app/rsbe/st/st_090517_1331
wii/title/haje/content
wii/title/hape/content

I hope that the unit is not damaged and that you can help us out of this mess. He wants to have a chip installed but I think we should ask the experts first if they can help us fix the problem.

Desperate dad and son
Re: Newby son has problems with Bootmii, DVDx on Wii v4.2
October 23, 2009 11:04PM
Good, you don't have any crap on the Wii. Run the Hackmii Installer and install DVDx and prepare an SD card for Bootmii while you're at it. BTW, thanks for the large amount of info.
October 23, 2009 11:19PM

He would like to play burned games on DVD and from the USB port.

That is illegal... sorry to be the one to tell you, but he probably didn't mention that part.

Whether it is a downloaded version or one you made from a game you own, it is still illegal.

We don't support that on this forum. I would recommend removing that portion of your post so that your topic isn't locked and you don't get banned (rules are clearly posted on the front page of the forum).
October 23, 2009 11:39PM
mdbrim

He would like to play burned games on DVD and from the USB port.

That is illegal... sorry to be the one to tell you, but he probably didn't mention that part.

Whether it is a downloaded version or one you made from a game you own, it is still illegal.

We don't support that on this forum. I would recommend removing that portion of your post so that your topic isn't locked and you don't get banned (rules are clearly posted on the front page of the forum).

Depending on your country, this may or may not be true. In some countries it is legal to have backups of games you own, provided you make them yourself. Still not supported here though.
October 24, 2009 01:19AM
ug here we go again... getting tired of the "depending on your country" argument. Even in the U.S. you aren't going to get arrested for downloading roms (only if you are the uber hosting site) so lets stop bringing up the country thing everytime we mention the legality of this.

It is illegal in many countries and since 39.1% of this site's traffic is from the U.S. (which is 5 times more than the next country on the list) and it is illegal in the U.S. then it is understandable that when i say it is illegal, I am referring to U.S. law.

But since we are talking semantics here, you are correct, it may be legal in your country... but it's still illegal according to the forum... and that's all that matters.

sigh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 01:19AM by mdbrim.
October 24, 2009 01:54AM
Again sorry about that. We are both new and getting used to this. He ran the Hackmii Installer and install DVDx and prepared an SD card for Bootmii and it all worked. My son ran neoggama r7 and got error -2011. Man I'm lost with all this stuff but he is asking how to fix this? Is his question ok?
October 24, 2009 01:56AM
Neogamma = backups = piracy = most likely illegal, thus not supported here. Sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 01:56AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
October 24, 2009 01:57AM
okay I will tell him. thanks for your patience
October 24, 2009 02:20AM
no problem highchair...

and if your son is making legit backups from games he owns then that is up to you and him whether or not you interpret the legality of that as a big deal or not. I would say it really isn't that big of a deal if you are making your own backups... nintendo may think it is, but lots of countries do not look down upon that.

We aren't here to judge (as i'm sure most of us here aren't saints) we just can't help you with that stuff because any info we gave could be used by folks looking to play things they don't own.

Any other problems you have with homebrew, we would be happy to help!
October 24, 2009 05:50AM
He will have to back up his disks some other way
October 24, 2009 06:31AM
Well that's the problem, backups are illegal depending on your location. Whether or not you use backups, legal or illegal, is up to you. We can't support legal backups here because the information could be used by pirates. Personally, I'm not going to talk you out of using backups, legal or illegal, I'm just saying you have to go somewhere else to get the support
October 24, 2009 10:18AM
Boring
October 24, 2009 12:46PM
Tell your son to use the HackMii Installer to install DVDX. You need a bug in your Wii's firmware to install older DVDX versions (and neogamma r7 for that matter) that has been removed since the installers were released.
October 24, 2009 01:35PM
mdbrim
ug here we go again... getting tired of the "depending on your country" argument. Even in the U.S. you aren't going to get arrested for downloading roms (only if you are the uber hosting site) so lets stop bringing up the country thing everytime we mention the legality of this.

It is illegal in many countries and since 39.1% of this site's traffic is from the U.S. (which is 5 times more than the next country on the list) and it is illegal in the U.S. then it is understandable that when i say it is illegal, I am referring to U.S. law.

But since we are talking semantics here, you are correct, it may be legal in your country... but it's still illegal according to the forum... and that's all that matters.

sigh.

In UK, if you own the game, I'm pretty sure its legal to even download the game. (I read this in a gaming magazine, advising you to download a ROM of Mother 3 and patch it to play it in English, but it said to import the game first, then it would be legal). It's almost definetly legal to backup games yourself. However, I do not use backups, as I see no need. I put my games in their boxes when they're done, and they dont get damaged. I'd be more inclined to use backups on a portable, because then I wouldn't have to carry my collection of games with me, but I still dont do it.
October 24, 2009 02:05PM
Backup fail <_<
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.