Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CAN I UPDATE?

Posted by ausrulz51 
CAN I UPDATE?
December 26, 2008 08:54AM
i just bought need for speed undercover, i have already installed homebrew channel through twilight hack, when i want to play the game though it says i need to update, can i update without bricking the wii and keeping the homebrew channel
Re: CAN I UPDATE?
December 26, 2008 09:27AM
btw im on 3.2E
December 26, 2008 09:31AM
[www.wiibrew.org]

You won't lose much. Fakesigning will be blocked as well (this was done in v3.3)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2008 09:34AM by whodares.
December 26, 2008 09:36AM
i think its is safe because i just googled need for speed undercover, wii, and update and i found one page that a guy asked about the same qustion and it didnt brick it. what virion is your wii? because if it updates ithink i just goes to 3.3 if i does you just could use patchmii to go back to 3.2 if you have it.

sorry i would send a link to the page but right now am on the wii's browser
December 26, 2008 10:05AM
thanks for your help, sorry im a noob, what is patch mii
December 26, 2008 10:10AM
It's a tool to download a copy of an IOS off Nintendo's server, patch it, and install it under a different version.
December 26, 2008 10:40AM
alright just updated, it all works fine, HBC wasnt effected, neither was backup loader (we purchased our wii when we where living in the states, but now we live in aus so it plays games that i buy here, im against piracy) i checked and its still on 3.2E.
December 26, 2008 11:05AM
Then what do you need the "backup" loader for? GeckoOS allows you to play region free
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.