Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eternal Darkness on Softmodded Wii

Posted by FunkDoctorP 
Eternal Darkness on Softmodded Wii
February 04, 2009 05:12AM
New here, my apologies if this isn't place for this sort of question.

So I recently got a new Wii (with system menu 3.4U installed), and proceeded to softmod it by installing system menu 3.2U/homebrew channel/backup launcher/etc. I can play Wii backups and originals fine. No Gamecube games seem to work through the Wii disc channel (this is normal, right?), but I can play the other Gamecube game I have (P.N. 03, legit copy, NTSC-U) through GCBooter 1.0. When I try to load Eternal Darkness (again, legit NTSC-U version) through GCBoot it comes up with an error message on the first screen and tells me to restart. I've googled around, and think I'm getting the same error as these guys:

Arikado Edit: Links removed because they contain backup information.

I saw a couple of mentions of a GC Audiofix, but that seems to just be modchip thing. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2009 05:34PM by Arikado.
Re: Eternal Darkness on Softmodded Wii
February 04, 2009 07:10AM
sorry to say no one will be able to help with your backup problems here.
February 04, 2009 07:55AM
That's the thing. I'm attempting to play an original, not a backup.
February 04, 2009 09:26AM
if you have downgraded to 3.2 from 3.4 you have done an illegal thing, not to mention the backup loader which isn't allowed on these forums. about your gamecube games, try running them through gecko os or backup loader
February 04, 2009 10:00AM
1. Gamecube games only run on GC mode. So, only using the Disc Channel on Wii Menu or GCBooter... GeckoOS doesn't work, since it boots games on Wii mode.
2. No backup loader mentioning here.
3. Sounds like you messed up with your MIOS. Just a kick, but I don't know if there is any way to fix.
EDIT: 4. Downgrading from 3.4 it's not always illegal, depends of the method.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2009 10:01AM by DanielHueho.
February 04, 2009 05:34PM
WiiBrew does not support or condone the usage of backups (legal or not). AS such discussion of them is prohibited on this forum.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.