Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guitar Fun -Help Getting Songs to Load

Posted by a420nyer 
Guitar Fun -Help Getting Songs to Load
February 21, 2009 04:55AM
I got guitar fun to load on the SD card, but whenever I try to load a song it says Memory Card Error Song Saves Data - I'm pretty sure I have all the directories set-up correctly SD root =apps:>guitarfun:>songs:>name of the song and in that directory is all of the file from the download. I downloaded songs from Frets on Fire and they contain both song.ogg and guitar.ogg. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2009 11:52PM by a420nyer.
Re: Guitar Fun -Help Getting Songs to Load
February 22, 2009 03:01AM
Can anyone help me please - me and my daughter already beat gh3 and gh aerosmith and really want to play some new songs. I know guitar fun help has been given on this forum before but none of it seemed to apply to my specific problem
February 22, 2009 04:41AM
Read over the wiki page again and make sure you have all your files in the right place.

Also, if you like these types of games, I highly reccomend you give the supersonic wii app a try.
February 22, 2009 05:56AM
I've checked multiple different pages and I'm pretty sure I have it all the files in the correct directories, and I've tried multiple different songs and it still gives the same Error message every time.
February 22, 2009 02:41PM
Are you using an SDHC card?
February 22, 2009 06:57PM
I don't think so it just says SD on it
February 22, 2009 07:16PM
You dont need an SDHC card. I only asked because I had an intuition that SDHC cards might've been incompatible with guitar fun. I'm out of ideas now :S
February 22, 2009 07:30PM
Thanks for trying. - I just can't seem to tell what I'm doing wrong. The game boots up fine but whenever I select 1 player it comes up with that error message.
February 22, 2009 07:32PM
I just have one quick ?. The songs_score.dat file is supposed to be in the same directory as the boot.dol file and not in the songs folder right?
February 22, 2009 08:16PM
Not too sure about your quick ? but I think you're right.

I have one last suggestion. Try downloading the game via the homebrew browser.
February 22, 2009 10:40PM
I was trying not to sound like a total newb, but you caught me...I don't know anything about downloading stuff with the Homebrew browser. Is that something I have to install on wii?
February 22, 2009 10:43PM
The Homebrew browser is an app that automatically install apps you select over a internet connection without the use of a computer.
February 22, 2009 11:04PM
HomeBrew Browser: [wiibrew.org]
February 23, 2009 09:43PM
does guitar fun allows you to put any songs of your choice, or do they have to be rock songs?
February 24, 2009 12:57AM
gus051
or do they have to be rock songs?
You mean there are other types of music beyond rock (and metal)? o.0

Joking aside, you have to find song files for frets of fire online and put them on your SD card. I dont know whats out there, but it doesnt hurt to look around does it?
February 24, 2009 02:17AM
I've seen a couple of pop songs and some other misc stuff like South Parks songs, and other show theme songs
February 24, 2009 02:21AM
That looks really cool, unfortunatley my wireless modem burned out about 2 weeks ago, but I'm getting a new one this week and will be definitely checking it out thanks
February 24, 2009 03:34AM
oh i tough you could put your own songs
February 24, 2009 04:21AM
If you know how (and I think there is software that helps) you can put any song you like on it. Myself don't know anything about it. I do know that there is a pretty wide variety of songs to choose from. I believe the files are meant for a PC version of Guitar Fun, but they both use the same format.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 04:24AM by a420nyer.
September 11, 2009 02:15AM

I got guitar fun to load on the SD card, but whenever I try to load a song it says Memory Card Error Song Saves Data - I'm pretty sure I have all the directories set-up correctly SD root =apps:>guitarfun:>songs:>name of the song

1. did you download Folgs version with guitar hero world tour support? because if you did that i have the same problem
2. if not download it from the homebrew browser. however it only works with guitar hero 3 Les Paul guitar or the wiimote and nunchuck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login