Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNES Emulator Not Saving

Posted by Blinkfan182 
SNES Emulator Not Saving
May 27, 2009 08:47PM
^Like I said in the topic, i just updated to the new version of the fcegux (whatever its called) snes emulator and i played 3 hours worth of chrono trigger and save it. i come back to play it this morning and my save file is gone, i don't know why it didn't save so i tried out some other games and they wouldn't save either. i've been looking around the internet for a while and i still can't figure out whats wrong. i have a saves folder in the emulators folder, can anyone tell me whats wrong or another saving option i can use? thanks for the help!
Re: SNES Emulator Not Saving
May 27, 2009 11:36PM
Did you do a save state or did you save in-game? Also did you turn off the console immediately after saving in-game? These are all tricky things to keep track of.

I would probably use the default save and rom paths just to be safe and make sure that when you're done playing to exit the emulator before turning off the console.
May 28, 2009 05:24PM
i used an in game save and turned off the emulator then exited the hbc then turn off my system. as for the save state issue, when i attempt to save a game the emulator gives me two options 1-save sram and 2-save snapshot. i have already tried using the sram and it did nothing. i don't know why there isn't a save state option. am i missing a folder possibly?
May 28, 2009 05:58PM
Snapshot = Savestate. Sram = Snes cart built-in save emulation

Double check your save settings, if autosave sram is off, then your game won't actually save unless you manually save sram after making an in-game save.

Also, this happened to me recently for no discernible reason at all. At least it's only 3 hours of a great game you have to play through again.
May 28, 2009 07:59PM
^alright thanks for the help guys much appreciated!!!
June 02, 2009 11:14AM
I have both in auto load at the begging of the game, and still don't save :( however snapshots are working great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login