Gecko OS hooks?
May 31, 2009 12:40AM
What exactly do Gecko OS hooks do? I've heard a few different things. I've heard that they just reload Gecko OS with some modifications, and I've heard that they'll load the Wii system menu without things like data-locks (so you can't copy certain saved-data to an SD card, i.e. Super Smash Bros. Brawl). Are either of these correct, or am I completely off?

When I try to load hooks, it just says some files aren't found. How do I fix this? I'm running System Menu 4.0U in the United States (basically, I haven't changed my region).
Re: Gecko OS hooks?
May 31, 2009 01:42AM
Reboot with hooks let's you load the system menu with things like skipping disc updates, removing the copy protection on saves, etc.
It doesn't work on 4.0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2009 01:43AM by bg4545.
June 04, 2009 07:34PM
Damn, that sucks. :-(

Does anyone know if newer versions will be compatible with 4.0?
June 04, 2009 09:26PM
It's not so much "compatibility" as its more like "Nintendo changed around the system menu and we have yet to find away to launch hooks now". So if we find away, rest assured a new version should be released immediately.
June 06, 2009 02:52PM
does it work on ALL older versions? or is it just 3.2? 3.2 always gets the good stuff...
June 06, 2009 03:02PM
Is this about installing homebrew on systems from 4.0e and up ? Because it already worked for me...
June 06, 2009 11:18PM
DarthSidious
Is this about installing homebrew on systems from 4.0e and up ? Because it already worked for me...

No. Hence the title, they're talking about rebooting with hooks through gecko os.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login