Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wiisx (PS1 EMULATOR)

Posted by kydo 
Re: wiisx (PS1 EMULATOR)
July 04, 2009 10:41AM
Kydo:

Due to the emulator's beta status, it is not entirely user-friendly, so don't worry about not getting it working without help. I'll start from the beginning to make sure you're doing everything right.

First of all, make sure the emulator's .dol file is called "boot.dol" and is in SD:/apps/WiiSX/ (the name of that folder doesn't matter). Next, make sure there is a folder called "PSXISOS" in the root of the SD card. In this folder should be your PSX images, as well as the bios file.

The bios is needed to boot games. The file needed is SCPH1001.BIN, and we cannot give you a link for legal reasons.

I think you were ok up to this point, though.

You don't need to open an image file, just put it in the PSXISOS folder.

Now, images come in many flavours due to different practices used by people who dump games: there is the standard .ISO format, which is apparently not supported by the emulator at present, and then there are other formats such as:

.BIN + .CUE: the bin is the data, while the cue is just a header file describing the size etc. of the bin. This seems to be the most common PSX format. I don't think you need the cue for this emu, but put it in the PSXISOS folder anyway.

.img, .sub + .ccd: the img file is the one you need: ccd is a CloneCD file, and the sub file I think contains certain metadata relating to the ccd file. Put all of them in the folder just in case.

Now, when you boot up the emulator, select standard controller, not analog (analog does not seem to work in most cases). The interface is a bit clunky at the moment (on my crappy pal tv you can't see the cursor which shows what you are selecting), so be patient with it.

I recommend selecting dynarec over interpreter whenever you first try a game (dynarec is faster, but lacks compatibility in some cases (FFVII)).

Move the cursor to the bin or img file you want to boot (ignore the others, like cue and ccd), and press A. Then press B when prompted.

The game will now boot.

Note: you can also rip your own PSX games into images rather than illegally downloading them. If something like Nero or Alchohol120% doesn't work, search the interwebs for "rip psx games" or similar. Obviously, if you rip them into .iso files, they won't work with WiiSX.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 10:44AM by alainvey.
July 05, 2009 03:14AM
ImgBurn is a good tool for ripping disc images. Make sure you dump it as a .bin.
July 05, 2009 03:20PM
Imgburn is great.
July 05, 2009 07:56PM
okay i got lost,
the file i downloaded didnt come with a bin. file
just an img, cue, & ccd.
do i extract all into the psxios file on the root of my sd card?
i already have the SCPH1001.BIN in there.
???
July 05, 2009 09:03PM
new problem.
okay so i have my files in a winrar archeve and when i tried to extract them to my sd card and stuff it said they are currupt.
so am i screwd or what?
i dont know what todo.
do i need to find a not currupt one ?
couse this has happend before when we tried to extract simular files at my friends house.

the cue. & ccu files work fine but the .img file is currupt according to winrar.
its an awfly large file..
so what to you think i should do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 09:14PM by kydo.
July 05, 2009 09:43PM
Try extracting the file first to your HD and them move it to your SD card.
July 05, 2009 09:50PM
it extracted them but near the end of the extraction an error came up and say .img file is currupted.
the other to bios files are fine.
ugh is there somewhere where i can get not currupted files?
July 05, 2009 11:17PM
You can try redownloading them or downloading the game from somewhere else. We wont provide links to other download sites though - sorry.
July 05, 2009 11:24PM
thanks everyone. i am gunna try and figure this out alone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 11:42PM by kydo.
July 06, 2009 03:32AM
okay i got crash warped to work with a few graphical bugs that need some fixxing.
that one was in a bin file.
then i got spyro year of the dragon in a .img file and that one code dumps.
thus psx beta 1 cannot play .img
is there some way to convert .img -> bin.
July 06, 2009 04:00AM
1. Install VirtualCloneDrive
2. Mount the image
3. Rip the image with Imgburn. Remember to save as a .BIN file.

This is the only free way I am aware of (suggested by others on this very same thread)
July 06, 2009 07:01PM
yeah but thats so unconvenient
July 06, 2009 11:51PM
Yeah, but it's free and legal =P
July 07, 2009 10:42AM
kydo
okay i got crash warped to work with a few graphical bugs that need some fixxing.
that one was in a bin file.
then i got spyro year of the dragon in a .img file and that one code dumps.
thus psx beta 1 cannot play .img
is there some way to convert .img -> bin.

Your logic is flawed! You can't make an inference from "this one img file which I have does not work" to "this application does not support img files", particularly when I've already confirmed in this thread that img files do work.

Moreover, DanielHueho's method of converting is the simplest one available to you.
July 08, 2009 05:45AM
Arikado
If you can explain to me how to rip one of my PSX/PS1 Disks, I'll leave those virus infatuated sites alone.
dont know if youve been told / figured this out yet, but if not:

alcohol 120 works great for ripping ISO files, and forceASPI will ensure that your pc will recognize ANY disc in the drive
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login