Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii64 loads but it freezes

Posted by tommy863 
wii64 loads but it freezes
June 15, 2009 11:00PM
my wii64 will load up, but it freezes at the main menu. can someone help me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 11:01PM by tommy863.
Re: wii64 loads but it freezes
June 15, 2009 11:04PM
Try again when the emulator is finished.
June 15, 2009 11:05PM
so your just saying that it takes a little bit to load?
June 15, 2009 11:09PM
No, I'm not.

The build of the emulator you're using was released over a year ago. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Theres nothing you or I can do about it.

However, its still being actively worked on. Eventually, a new build (beta) will be publicly released which will work for all Wiis and play N64 games at full speed (the build you're using plays N64 games under 20fps).

In short: All you can do is wait for the next release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 11:10PM by Arikado.
June 15, 2009 11:11PM
ok then thanks
June 15, 2009 11:13PM
You should follow their official site here: [emulatemii.com] for the latest news and release info of Wii64 and WiiSX (PS1 Emulator).
June 15, 2009 11:16PM
hey thanks, you have been very helpful, im new to this i just got homebrew with firmware 4.0
June 15, 2009 11:21PM
No problem. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions :D
June 24, 2009 04:36AM
Hi guys,

My Wii is running 4.0. Everything is working great, I can open up Wii64 but when I attempt to load from my SD card I get an error message...can anyone help?

Thanks!
June 24, 2009 02:19PM
Hazed81
Hi guys,

My Wii is running 4.0. Everything is working great, I can open up Wii64 but when I attempt to load from my SD card I get an error message...can anyone help?

Thanks!

Arikado
Try again when the emulator is finished.
June 24, 2009 03:35PM
November 23, 2009 10:08AM
on your sd card does it have any of this at the end like php or 7zip file whatever you called it

if it does it those files do not Work, go to this site called Coolroms.com

Find your Roms there and download them if you have Download Manager if you do have it on it will pop up on Manager but Do Not Click Okay on Manager because all it will do just have a file called Download.php.so if you do just click cancel on Manager and it should have a downloading already on Zip File then after that extract it and you should have the game drag that game inside the folder zip (Game Only) to your Wii64 Apps that has Roms in it and it should work. then if you don't have it then you should have Zip Files Downloading

When downloading CoolRom.com just click the Filesend mirror because its a Zip File and when you download when its complete extract it will pop up so you can see where that file is after that drag the Just Game Called like for example if yoru downloading Goldeneye007.php in the folder of zip will be called this Golden007 then it just has type called Z64 then just drag that game to the SD Card

and your SD Card Will Load the Game and it will not Freeze

i got mine working just Smorning today

One Last Thing if you have a game download and you try to rename it to get it work *Don't Do That Because it Still Won't Work

but CoolRom.com is N64 roms Download and i have tested few already for Wii64

Hopefully that Helps with your SD Card Loading

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2009 10:21AM by HelperSpakey.
November 23, 2009 05:27PM
^^^That wasnt your best move linking to a roms site and suggesting users download from it. Even if your intentions were well meant linking to a roms site encourages piracy. Besides I believe this topic came about when the Alpha version of Wii64 was the official downloadable build available to download, so the issue really doesnt apply anymore. Besides I'm sure the above posters have all migrated to the Wii64 Beta 1 by now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login