Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can't download apps with Homebrew Browser

Posted by mccandch 
can't download apps with Homebrew Browser
July 11, 2009 07:00PM
I've installed HBC, DVDX, and BootMii using the Hackmii installer 0.2 - after I did that, I installed HomeBrew Browser.

I started it up, and all of the apps are displaying on my screen. I'm able to navigate through everything fine, but I can't get anything in the download queue. When I click on the plus button while pointing at an app to download, nothing happens.

Has anyone run into this before, and do you know what I am doing wrong, or what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks.
Re: can't download apps with Homebrew Browser
July 11, 2009 07:27PM
try clicking A on the program and hitting the download button - does that work?
Also, when you're on the apps page (with description and download button etc.) try clicking + : does that work now?
July 11, 2009 07:51PM
no - pressing the A button and then the download button doesn't do anything.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "apps" page. I've got 5 tabs acroos the top - Demos, Emulators, Media, Games and Utilities. Each of these tabs has applications under them. I'm trying to click on these apps with the + button, and then going to the download button (I've also tried it with the A botton).

When I move my cursor over the tabs on the top, the wii remote rumbles - this does not happen when I move it over an app (I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not)

And yes, the + button does work on my remote.

Thanks.
July 11, 2009 07:53PM
I mean the individual application's page. when you click on the app with A and it has the download button and a description and stuff. At that point press +. I always just click the download button on the app's page and it works fine for me.
July 11, 2009 07:55PM
That sounds like what my problem might be. I can't get to the individual application's page. Nothing happens when I click on the individual application. I've put the cursor over the application and tried pressing every button on my remote, but nothing happens.
July 11, 2009 08:14PM
Try deleting the Homebrew Browser and redownloading it from Wiibrew.
July 11, 2009 08:49PM
Yeah, I'd say that's the problem alright. But you said you pressed the A button and then the download button doesnt do anything - the download button is on the individual app's page. I think you got confused with the download queue button, is that right?
July 12, 2009 01:06AM
Sorry - been away for a while. Yes - I thought you were talking about the download queue button. To delete the HomeBrew browser, do I just remove the directory from my SD card?
July 12, 2009 01:28AM
ok - so I removed the homeBrew browser and reinstalled. It got to the point where it says that it's downloading the images and you can abort that step by pressing the B button, then it gives an error saying "cannot open, aborting", and then something else flashes at the bottom of the screen, but it's too fast to read it. After that, there are vertical lines displayed on the screen and then it brings up the HBB updated apps. I can then close that and go to the individual tabs, but I can not get to the indidvual apps screen. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.
July 12, 2009 02:00AM
Are you pointing at the application and pressing "A" with the Wii Remote?

EDIT: And did you delete any files from the .zip file that you downloaded from Wiibrew?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2009 02:03AM by MattMan.
July 12, 2009 02:10AM
I am pointing at the apps in the list and pressing the A button - nothing happens.
I copied the homebrew_browser directory from the .zip and put it on the SD card in the apps directory, which is in the root directory. I did not copy over the readme.txt.
July 12, 2009 02:15AM
Hmm... This is a very unusual problem. I don't know why it doesn't work for you, when it works for everyone else. You might have better luck if you contact teknecal or post a message on the Homebrew Browser discussion page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2009 02:17AM by MattMan.
July 12, 2009 02:26AM
Thanks MattMan - I appreciate your help.
July 12, 2009 02:44AM
mccandch
When I move my cursor over the tabs on the top, the wii remote rumbles - this does not happen when I move it over an app (I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not).

It should rumble when you move it over an app.

Can you try removing any controllers other than the Wiimote that are connected to the Wii or Wiimote?
Do you see the "New" icon displayed on the say the first 1 to 2 apps in the list (try emulators category)?
Can you make sure your B button isn't stuck?
July 12, 2009 03:06AM
Thanks Teknecal! I had 2 DDR mats plugged in. I removed those and it appears to be working now.

teknecal
mccandch
When I move my cursor over the tabs on the top, the wii remote rumbles - this does not happen when I move it over an app (I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not).

It should rumble when you move it over an app.

Can you try removing any controllers other than the Wiimote that are connected to the Wii or Wiimote?
Do you see the "New" icon displayed on the say the first 1 to 2 apps in the list (try emulators category)?
Can you make sure your B button isn't stuck?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login