Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smash Bros Texture reading help

Posted by Jazeps 
Smash Bros Texture reading help
August 17, 2009 06:55AM
Yeah. Very sorry about that- it must have been asked about over a gajillioworln times, or whatever.

So anyway, I was able to have it read before, but I deleted the GCT file some time ago for some stupid reason. And I just got an SDHC card and reader so I can use more textures, and I put it in there, try making a new GCT file, but no matter what I do, it never reads them.

Sandisk SDHC 8GB card

Folders put in the pf folder

Gecko OS 1.9

Ocarina PC version of the code manager

Gecko OS can read my SDHC card and says that it applies the code, but nothing happens.

Gecko OS is being used through the Homebrew Channel

The Ocarina code manager stores GST files into a codes folder in the root of the card

Textures: Private/Wii/app/RSBE/pf

Folders in "pf":

Fighter

Stage

Item

Menu

System

I'm going to download the textures again and try one more time, but if it doesn't work, then I'm coming back here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 05:33PM by Jazeps.
Re: Smash Bros Texture reading help
August 17, 2009 03:19PM
I'm in America, so it's NTSC (of all things I could forget to mention)

Right now, Gecko OS says, "SD codes not found," so I'm doing something wrong.

Okay, so I tried using other codes, and the free camera code worked, but not the textures. Do I have the code wrong or something?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 03:38PM by Jazeps.
August 17, 2009 03:58PM
GST?

Isn't it GCT?
August 17, 2009 04:15PM
Yeah, GCT, keep getting confused about it, sorry. But what do I do?
August 19, 2009 12:28AM
*bump*
August 19, 2009 03:58PM
Are you getting it to work?

Are you using Brawl+? I am and I can't get the textures to work either.

(I have the PAL version.)
August 19, 2009 06:17PM
@profetylen
The PAL versions are usually behind in releases, because the coders create the cheats for NTSC-U first. Maybe the version you are using doesn't have the File Replacement Code, you could try adding it manually if you can find it for PAL.

@Jazeps
Are you using the File Replacement Code in your .gct file? You need that to use textures. If it still doesn't work, try using a non-SDHC card.
August 20, 2009 06:22PM
Thanks for the info MattMan ;)
August 20, 2009 10:24PM
Were can I find the file replacement code? I have the big long one by PW, and I tried using other codes in the txt file were in it, but nothing worked.
August 20, 2009 10:46PM
Google File Replacement Code 3.5.1, but that's probably the one you already have. If it is, I'm guessing that your SDHC card simply isn't compatible.

Edit: Try renaming your "Private" folder to "private".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2009 10:48PM by MattMan.
August 21, 2009 12:34AM
I've been having a similar problem, I think it has to do with the SDHC part, mainly because when brawl was released the Wii didn't support SDHC under IOS, therefore, the IOS the game runs under (IOS36 iirc) doesn't support it. if we could patch SDHC support into that IOS, it'd prolly work
August 21, 2009 12:39AM
Ahh, that makes perfect sense. You could probably even patch the Brawl disc to run on IOS60 and enable SDHC compatibility.
August 21, 2009 08:37AM
MattMan
Ahh, that makes perfect sense. You could probably even patch the Brawl disc to run on IOS60 and enable SDHC compatibility.

teah but then you'd have to run iut through a backup ladeer and that's just....yeah (sorry, I'm drunk right now)
August 21, 2009 02:39PM
Wow....
August 21, 2009 09:25PM
... I should edit that... but for the sake of comedy, I won't
August 21, 2009 09:50PM
August 24, 2009 08:04AM
you know... I just thought of something. I might get warned/banned for this, but as I said, it's just a thought, I'm not endorsing it, hell I doubt I'll even try it, but, doesn't Waninkoko's cIOS have SDHC support? and by that logic, wouldn't cIOScrap allow custom textures off an SDHC card?
August 24, 2009 08:13AM
IIRC cIOScorp only has the warez part of cIOS (dip module?) and not the 'useful' modules
August 24, 2009 08:21AM
bg4545
IIRC cIOScorp only has the warez part of cIOS (dip module?) and not the 'useful' modules

hrm... I guess I have some experimenting to do
August 24, 2009 08:22AM
That's just speculation, I don't know for sure..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login