Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

snes9x gx and usb

Posted by claudekennilol 
snes9x gx and usb
September 21, 2009 07:43AM
I haven't installed this or anything so I don't know if the answer is straightforward after using this. But the wiki (nor anywhere else that I could find) doesn't say how to load from USB, just that it defaults to the sd card. So, how would I do that?
Re: snes9x gx and usb
September 21, 2009 07:48AM
I would try keep going up a directory and eventually you'll be able to select your choice of how to load a game (USB, DVD, SD, SMB, etc.)
September 21, 2009 06:10PM
When you start up SnesGx, select Settings and select USB as the location to load ROMs from.
September 21, 2009 07:09PM
thanks, does anyone know if this is a reliable method? I saw in a different post that someone was having problems with it continually detecting their usb drive and that the only way for it not to lose its connectivity with it was to save every few mins. That was an older post, and I see that SnesGX has been updated multiple times since then, but I'm still wondering if that might be something I need to worry about.
September 22, 2009 05:00PM
It works fine with my Kingston DataTraveler 8GB, although the saving takes some time on USB (4 seconds or sumthin), whereas in SD it saves the second you go to the menu. Also, the initial ROM load time is about 30-45 seconds (Mother 3) which is quite annoying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2009 05:01PM by Matoking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login