Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Wii Doom

Posted by SomeGuy 
Help with Wii Doom
September 30, 2009 05:51PM
This program has officially confused the heck out of me. I've been trying to get it to play wad files aside from the basic shareware version of the game, but I can't figure out how to get it to recognize any of them. What's really making things weird, though, is that I tried deleting the original shareware file the download came with- but I can still access the shareware version plain as day, even though there's no wad file for it to access!

I honestly just don't know what to do. Is there some major outlay of the Wii Doom application that I'm just not getting? Does anyone have a step-by-step process of how to install new wad files on the system? As in, extremely detailed leave no detail unturned guide?
Re: Help with Wii Doom
September 30, 2009 11:24PM
The big important question: Where did you get the WAD?
September 30, 2009 11:30PM
I've been trying several different ones. From fan-mods or official releases, or even other sharewares. None of them do anything to the program. I just get the same Doom 1 option and nothing on the pwad part of the screen.
October 01, 2009 03:09AM
"Official releases?" By this I assume you mean official full version WADs. Those are illegal unless you own the actual game, and we don't support illegal activity 'round these parts. And BTW, I don't think Wii Doom will support most fan-made WADs.
Maybe you should try re-downloading Wii Doom.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 03:10AM by gameboy13.
October 01, 2009 07:20PM
You should just be able to delete the Shareware WAD file and replace it with the Full version, or whatever version of the original Doom you happen to own.

It worked with mine when I went from Shareware to Ultimate Doom.

As for player WADs, I thought that it could handle most of those... except for maybe the one that upgrades the game to full-on 3D.

Edit: Oh, and I own a factory-pressed disc of The Ultimate Doom, so that might be why mine works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 07:21PM by GrungeKid17.
October 07, 2009 04:15PM
One thing you have to understand about fan-mods is that they all dont use the same engine builds. For example someone who makes a fan-mod can use a port and enhanced build of the doom engine called Zdoom to make the level with any custom feature it has to offer. This Wii-Doom port is based off of PRBoom which isnt compatible with most or all fan-mod wads made with other enhanced doom engine ports. So that's your problem there for those in a nutshell. To solve it just google PRBoom compatible Doom wads.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 06:51PM by nightwishfan1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login