Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AnyTitleDeleter errors & Internet Channel

Posted by .jayderyu 
AnyTitleDeleter errors & Internet Channel
November 24, 2009 07:26AM
Well to start my Internet Channel hasn't worked for over a month. It would start loading and then just stay there for ever. I decided to let it be. I came back to it today because I waned to browse some stuff while laying back on the sofa. Deleted the old one, reinstall and didn't work. Did some searching on the Nintendo forums and found a similar issue that the save data is corrupt. Tried to delete the save data and then.... nothing. Over 10 minutes passed and it was still in the deletion process.

So I decided to use the Homebrew app ATD. Come one Homebrew has much more low level access. Did some title bin id searching found that HADE was what I wanted to remove and well 15 minutes later it's stuck on Removing title.

What I noticed during boot of the ATD was something of interest. Numerous (ret =-106 and 15?) errors. I'm starting to think there maybe a problem.

"
I am god........(I forgot the rest) :(
ES_Identify (ret= -1017) Initializing FileSystem driver... OK!
Wiping off fingerprints...
-Deleting ticket file/ticket/000000001/0000000/.tik... Ticket delete failed (No Ticket?) -102
-Deleting tittlefile/title/00000001/00000000... Error! ISFS_Delete (ret = -102)
Checking System region
Pulling Sysmenu TMD... Error! ISFS_Open (ret = -102)
Reading TMD Failed! 0
Error! Es_OpenContent (ret = -1017)
Region Detection failure! 0
Conf. region. 1"

This is from ATD Talk and I had it loading ATD up. I read that I should use a different IOS, but I'm not too sure how I would do that.

Anything I should be doing? can ATD delete the Title and save data? or should I format my memory. Also forgive me on this one. Does formatting the system memory wipe my downloaded games data that I would have to rebuy them again :\ ?
Re: AnyTitleDeleter errors & Internet Channel
November 24, 2009 02:49PM
It should work even with those errors. When I use it, I get those errors and can still use the app. Just have to press A a couple of times.

Yes a format will erase all of your saves, miis, and channels. So don't do that.
November 24, 2009 05:14PM
Well I can get it to start deleting the channel. In the end it did delete it, but it get's thourlghy stuck while trying selete the data. I'm thinking the save data is corrupt. Is there a way to get ATD to delete it?

Thanks for letting me know about the format wiping the system. I really don't want to have to rebuy everything :(
November 24, 2009 06:01PM
I honestly dont know. It should just do it regularly.

Wait i have an idea. You could use Dop-IOS MOD to install a newer IOS 36 and patch it with trucha and ES_identify. (Provided you are not on 4.2)
November 25, 2009 07:10PM
Thank you. I will try this sometime today. How do I go about patching IOS 36?
November 25, 2009 11:24PM
Tell it to run off of any IOS. Then navigate to IOS's. Use the D-Pad to select IOS 36. Press the + button. This will install the newest version of IOS 36. Press A for every question it asks you. It should ask if you want to install it, then if you want trucha (sig hash check), and if you want to patch it with ES_Identify. Select yes for all of them.
November 27, 2009 09:42AM
I tried what you said. It said it was done. Installing to Title 00000001-0000024 v3341...1...-:
ED_AddContentStart(0000000100000024, 0) failed: -1017

install returned -1
Installation compete
ERROR: Something failed. (ret: -1)
Continue?

It's not running 3351 which says it's the latest.

I tried again. Returned somekind of directory write error and booted me our of DOP-Ios.

not really sure what to do next.
November 27, 2009 04:05PM
Alright I have one more idea. Now that it is supported by wiibrew, use this. Make sure you completely understand what it does and how to use it before you try it though. If you have any questions just ask.
November 29, 2009 04:04AM
Ok so I used TBR. Downgraded IOS15, patched IOS36(ES and Nand permissions). Upgraded IOS15 back.Thank you for that. It seems that IOS36 now has the Trucha Bug(why is called a Truch Bug)

I haven't succeeded using ATD yet, but progress has been made. There are far less errors now. Though when I start ATD somekind of filesystem error does come up. The Internet Channel isn't inslalled, but the save file is there and it still causes hanging when trying to remove. By either the menu or ATD. Do I need to have the Internet Channel Installed? Is there any other steps I should do? Should I use the DOP-IOS Mod still?

btw thank you for the ongoing help. I'm hoping we can get ATD to get rid of the problem. Also thanks for all the guys who make these apps.
November 29, 2009 04:41AM
Well you will get errors but it should still be able to function correctly. I get all kinds of errors but delete tickets just fine.

Are you sure you are running off of IOS 36 when it asks?

I don't know but perhaps you could just reinstall the internet channel from the shop channel and then try to delete with ATD.
I really don't know why it won't work for you. If you have any more questions just ask.
February 09, 2010 08:06AM
sorry for the thread necro. I had just gotten frustrated and walked away until I felt like dealing with it. me and the family used the Internet Channel to streaming movies. We adopted one of the players for streaming.

I finally felt like dealing with it again. Again apologies for the LATE reply and follow up TopGun.

It didn't work. Nothing seems to work. I have no idea what's going on.

I tried following up with restoring a old nand backup before the problem occured(I hope), but found that I couldn't because I was informed that it's not the right Wii system :\

so I think it's a dead end. I don't think I can get the Internet Channel to work again or remove the save file. I thought about overwriting it, but I wouldn't no how to get the internet channel save file into the system since it seems it's one of those procted files. Let alone I don't have a Internet Channel save file to copy.
February 09, 2010 12:55PM
Install a copy of a fully patched (with Dop-IOS MOD) IOS into some unused slot (example: IOS199). Then, use AnyTitle Deleter MOD to remove the Internet Channel (and load IOS199 to do it). The only issue is that you cannot use Dop-IOS MOD to install IOSes to different slots.

The errors you got before were due to the IOS lacking the ES_Identify patch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 01:08PM by WikiFSX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login