Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64 isn't working

Posted by Zomgzilla 
Wii64 isn't working
December 22, 2009 12:11AM
Hi, I'm trying to get roms to play on my wii64. Unfortunately many of them have graphical issues, to the point where they're unplayable. I checked the forums, I do have the system running in Dynarec, and all the files I've tried work fine on Project 64, which I use on my computer.

Some particular games that haven't been working are Bomberman Hero (Graphics disappear), Megaman 64 (graphics chop and disappear) and Gauntlet Legends (It doesn't even load). Pretty much none of the games I get work on it, even Sin and Punishment has cutscenes that just don't show up, which is really disappointing.

I've been using the US/NTSC versions, and most of the ones I get are v64 or z64. I really very badly want Gauntlet Legends to run, since it's one of my favorites. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Is there anything I could try or do differently to make things work?

I'd really appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
Re: Wii64 isn't working
December 22, 2009 01:12AM
You could try waiting for the next release or working on the emulator yourself. Other than that, there's really nothing you can do.
December 22, 2009 04:06AM
So then it's common for most of the Roms I try to not work? That sucks, oh well. Thanks anyway
December 22, 2009 05:30AM
You might try the compatibility list.
December 22, 2009 05:50AM
haha yeah I've looked at it, the only game I want to try that's actually playable is Kirby 64. There's nothing that works with wii64, many of the games listed as "good" have comments about why they're unplayable. Man what a letdown
December 22, 2009 07:01AM
Another case of nobody noting beta in the version names of emulators.....Expecting too much out of something that wont run things properly til updated. Just take Arikados advice man, cause it's always gonna disappoint you until it's updated, and worked on enough where most N64 games will work on it. Anyway as the term implies beta means early. Wii64 beta 1 is an early stable build of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 06:18AM by nightwishfan1.
December 22, 2009 07:22PM
Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's a great project and I hope it does well. I just had high hopes for it, even as a beta, so now I'm looking forward to the full release
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login