Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issue with Homebrew Channel 1.01

Posted by DrLucky 
Issue with Homebrew Channel 1.01
December 10, 2008 03:41PM
I decided to finally update my Homebrew channel due to the out-of-beta-version released yesterday.

I used the elf to dol converter to change any apps I had that were not .dols and then started the update.

I went to use geexbox, but the "not a valid wii app" error came up. I looked on my computer to see that it was a .dol, but I did not find a .dol or an .elf in the folder. So I downloaded the newest version of the app and saw that it was an elf, so I placed it in my SD card and ran the converter again, but It still brought up the error on the Wii. At this point I decided to google my problem. I read that the .elf version of Geexbox is in the right format for the beta 9 HBC and that that elf would work. So i put the elf into my SD card and deleted the .dol. But I still got the same "Not a valid Wii app" error. As a final resort, I just changed the extension of the .elf to .dol, but nothing new..still an error.

So I'm not sure what is wrong...I didn't have Beta 9, (I updated from 8), so I can't verify that the .elf was working in Beta 9, but no versions of geexbox seem to work in 1.01
Re: Issue with Homebrew Channel 1.01
December 10, 2008 11:38PM
You made sure it was boot.dol or boot.elf, right?
December 11, 2008 12:08AM
yep, it was definitely boot. something...

and it did show up in the HBC...
December 11, 2008 12:43AM
Perhaps this is a problem with geexbox and not the HBC. Ask the apps coder about it. Also be sure to report if you find any more apps not working with the HBC.
December 11, 2008 09:00PM
This is no big issue, if you noticed on the original beta 9 post they mentioned that Geexbox is one of the few homebrews that has a valid elf file, so just leave it as is and it will work fine. It breaks if you try to convert it to a dol.

Oh sorry, missed the part in your post where you mentioned that you saw that. Have you tried deleting everything in the geexbox folder and reinstalling it? It did work in beta 9 for me, and I haven't been home to update my Wii yet. I think there might have been some problem with the latest version of GeeXbox, you could try the previous version too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2008 09:03PM by iofthestorm.
December 12, 2008 01:43AM
yep, I did delete everything and then reinstall it... I will try a older version when I get home..
December 16, 2008 10:50AM
I just downloaded the latest version of GeexBox from the HBB and its works fine on HBC 1.0.1
December 16, 2008 04:04PM
thanks, I'll have to give the HBB another try I guess... I always got a code dump...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login