Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Animal Crossing Cheats using Gecko OS

Posted by elmoreas 
Animal Crossing Cheats using Gecko OS
February 05, 2010 08:40PM
Every time I use the cheat codes for Animal Crossing City Folk they work fine but when I go to end the game and go back to the main screen by the home button > wii menu or reset after saving and getting to the ACCF main screen the game locks up and I have to hard shut down and reboot. My question is, how hard is it on your console to hard shut down and restart once a game is over and the screen is black but wont go back to the main menu? Is this safe to keep doing or should I stop doing this and just play the game normal or trade it in? I certainly do not want to damage any Wii but this Wii in particular because of the amount of DLC on it, so if someone could tell me if hard shut downs and reboots are safe or bad for the system I would be much obliged. Though I am pretty sure I know the anser, I would like a second opinion before I give up on one of my favorite games. Thanks in advance to those that offer advice. Have a good day all.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
Re: Animal Crossing Cheats using Gecko OS
February 07, 2010 02:54AM
This doesn't happen with me. What cheats are you using? That may be important.
February 10, 2010 02:06PM
I am currently using the codes: Disable Ressiti, Water Flowers & Weeds Pulled, Catalog Complete (Temp), Buy Anything From Catalog, Nookway to Nookingtons, Time Change with Button Activator; And in the past I used 99m ABD machine, 99k wallet, Nook points max.

But I am not really concerned about the codes as I have tried using fewer codes in different combinations and it still happens, all the way down to just having one code on, with each code currently being used tested; and it still happens. So it must be a glitch in my save game file or something like that. So there is likely little I can do but stop playing or stop cheating. Which is fine I don't really mind at this point.

But what I really want to know is how bad the hard shut downs are on the Wii so I can make a decision of if I should keep playing and doing this or just stop and call it quits with ACCF. So if someone could tell me how bad it is on the system I would appreciate the second opinion. I think I know the answer but as I said before I would like a second opinion because I could be wrong and the Wii could be able to handle it just fine. Thank all. Talk to you later.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
February 10, 2010 09:12PM
If you have to do a hard shutdown on your wii in this instace...I believe you shouldn't worry about it.
February 11, 2010 01:33AM
Really? I was under the impression that all hard shut downs were bad for the Wii. Don't get me wrong I am very happy to hear I was wrong as it means I can continue playing the game with the codes on, but I am just very surprised to hear someone say that there is an instance where hard shut downs are not that bad for the system. I guess the system is sort of in a semi shut down state when it has to be hard shut down but still I thought it was bad for it and I was going to have to stop using Gecko OS with the game. Would you mind explaining the difference between a bad and okay hard shut down so I and others would know when a hard shut down is damaging and when it is not? Thank you. Also does anyone else have any facts and or opinions on the matter, they would be most welcome. Thank you all in advance, and Thanks to WaxyPumpkin72 for responding to my question. Talk to you all later, have a good one.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
February 11, 2010 03:14AM
I was under the impression that the wii is not damaged in any way when a hard shutdown is used. Maybe I don't know what you're talking about...Just to make sure, what would you say a hard shut down is?
February 11, 2010 03:59AM
Hard shutdowns don't matter on the Wii natively. Unlike many PCs, the Wii never caches data, and most native apps do not. Linux apps are another story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 03:59AM by WikiFSX.
February 11, 2010 01:50PM
Well WaxyPumpkin72 you were right and I was wrong. And I am glad to hear it. Yessssss. I can contine you playing with Gecko OS.

I thought the Wii was like any other PC and that when you had to hold down the power button until it goes off (aka a hard shut down) that it was bad for it.

To find out that it is okay is music to my ears and makes me feel better too as perhaps I have not damaged my Wii with all those shutdowns afterall. Thank you guys for the info it is much appreciated. I hope others will find it as insightful as I did, it certainly surprised me. Talk to you later.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
February 11, 2010 09:22PM
I'm glad you solved your problem! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login