Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64 Beta 1.1 Released

Posted by tehpola 
Re: Wii64 Beta 1.1 Released
July 26, 2010 10:01AM
ok, so, another lame person here, im currently playing ocarina of time, and ive noticed that sometimes, the graphics get weird and stretch or random stuff covers the screen. this usually happens when i move straight, like when climbing a ladder, entering a new location, or pushing a block. is this just me or is there a workaround?
July 27, 2010 10:50PM
It's not just you. I noticed that too, and I didn't figure out a workaround, but since it is pretty rare and doesn't prevent you from completing the game, I just tried to ignore it.
July 31, 2010 07:51PM
I'm playing San Fransisco Rush 2049 on my Wii using this, and it actually runs great. The speed is actually pretty perfect. The only thing is the stretching graphics, which I can see I'm not alone, and for some reason I'm getting no sound. I'm only getting this clicking noise. Can anyone help me?
August 06, 2010 12:28AM
Hello! :)
When I try to load "Wii64 Beta 1.1" using "loadMii 0.3" from my SD card (non-SDHC FAT32) I get a black screen and it doesn't continue from there! :(
And I can only get access to the Wii if I turn it off and on again...

But that is strange because I have all the files in the right folders and I can run other emulators with the same method just fine (Bannerbomb+loadMii on un-modded 4.2E)...
Does Wii64 need any special cIOS or any other hack to run correctly? :/

Is there any "debugging version" or log file where I can see what's wrong?
Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? :P
Thank you very much! ;)
August 06, 2010 02:18AM
LoadMii isn't a perfect loader. However, the HBC is. If you run Wii64 via it, it will work.
September 01, 2010 12:09PM
I notice in the source code there is a folder "ogc patches" that contains a gx.c. Is this gx.c simply a drop in replacement for the one in libogc? And which libogc is it intended for? The latest one spits out plenty of errors using this file.
September 13, 2010 06:24AM
Can anyone confirm that the analog sticks of older snes style wii classic controllers work with wii64 and the the newer black ones do not? I just find that odd because the analong sticks on the black ones work with the nes and snes emulators just not wii64 or the psx emulator. Ah well guess im going to try and return these black ones and track down the old style ones tomorrow
September 13, 2010 03:37PM
I can confirm that.

The new classic controllers PRO use a different Device ID than old classic controllers, so they have to be implemented individually again on each homebrew app in order to support them.

I believe they have been implemented to Libogc already by Tantric himself, that is why his emulators support them. All other apps which use Libogc need to be recompiled with the latest version in order to add classic controllers pro support.

I recommend you not to return them to the store. They are really much more confortable, feel less cheap, and eventually I am very sure they will get implemented in all new versions of homebrew.
September 13, 2010 08:20PM
Hi,

When I try to load up Wii64 via the HBC, it loads fine. However when I try to choose a game to load on it, it complains that there was an error when trying to load "/wii64/roms". I've checked and double checked, and this directory is there in the right place afaik. Does anyone have ideas as to what could be going wrong?

For reference, I'm trying to load roms via USB
September 13, 2010 09:13PM
eMalc
Hi,

When I try to load up Wii64 via the HBC, it loads fine. However when I try to choose a game to load on it, it complains that there was an error when trying to load "/wii64/roms". I've checked and double checked, and this directory is there in the right place afaik. Does anyone have ideas as to what could be going wrong?

Maybe it only supports loading ROMs from the SD card, I don't know? :/
Try to find in the documentation if there is anything you can change in the configuration files to load from USB first! ;)
September 13, 2010 09:38PM
Thanks Axel. I do like the feel of the new ones very much but not being able to use them for wii64 makes them useless to me. Do the older ones really feel that awkward? Maybe i should go for wireless gamecube controllers? It sucks i love these controllers but it could be a long time until software is updated for them to work properly

Axel
I can confirm that.

The new classic controllers PRO use a different Device ID than old classic controllers, so they have to be implemented individually again on each homebrew app in order to support them.

I believe they have been implemented to Libogc already by Tantric himself, that is why his emulators support them. All other apps which use Libogc need to be recompiled with the latest version in order to add classic controllers pro support.

I recommend you not to return them to the store. They are really much more confortable, feel less cheap, and eventually I am very sure they will get implemented in all new versions of homebrew.
September 13, 2010 09:39PM
XICO2KX
eMalc
Hi,

Maybe it only supports loading ROMs from the SD card, I don't know? :/
Try to find in the documentation if there is anything you can change in the configuration files to load from USB first! ;)

I propose that the following information be posted up in a sticky (if possible) regarding both WiiSX and Wii64 frequently asked questions about how they not work. But if it's not sticky worthy, don't mind it then.

Listen up.

WiiSX and Wii64 DO NOT WORK IN HBC 1.0.8 This is because they were released both before 1.0.7, and are somehow programmed in a way that attempting to load them through HBC 1.0.7 and later does work, but prevents the emulators from finding your roms even while in the appropriate paths (this also includes BIOS in WiiSX's case).

The only current workaround is to reinstall HBC 1.0.6 (which will create a harmless duplicate HBC if you have 1.0.7 or higher installed), and launch either emulator from there.

If you're unlucky enough to be on sys menu 4.3, well, there still MIGHT be a way to reinstall the older HBC 1.0.6, and I'd happily post a way to have it on 4.3 without having the sys menu nuke it on startup every time, but it might not be entirely approved by the guys here at the forum. If any moderator here is reading this and gives me the green light to go, I'll write it ASAP.

Otherwise, just wait 'till the emulator is updated... which might just be a very long time down the road. Or you could fetch the most updated source code and compile it yourself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2010 09:41PM by Magil.
September 13, 2010 09:50PM
Wii64 works fine for me and I'm using 1.0.8.
September 13, 2010 10:01PM
Elija2
Wii64 works fine for me and I'm using 1.0.8.

Really? What kind of device are you loading roms from? I've only heard about 2-3 people that still retained those emulator's functionality under 1.0.8

I'd be really interested in knowing how it works for you.
September 13, 2010 10:16PM
syco78
Thanks Axel. I do like the feel of the new ones very much but not being able to use them for wii64 makes them useless to me. Do the older ones really feel that awkward? Maybe i should go for wireless gamecube controllers? It sucks i love these controllers but it could be a long time until software is updated for them to work properly

Axel
I can confirm that.

If you ever get your hands on an old classic controller you will feel a huge difference. They are not terrible, its just that the PRO ones are much much better. The thing I hate the most is that the cable that connects to the wiimote is in the bottom of the controller, that annoys me.

Wii64 is giving a lot of problems to users with current versions of homebrew, since it has not been updated in a while. With that in mind I'd really expect them to release a new version anytime soon, and chances of it including support for classic controllers pro are big, since they will recompile with latest libraries.
September 13, 2010 11:06PM
Thanks for the info, I'm by no means a coder myself so I guess I'll wait til an update comes along
September 14, 2010 06:53AM
Anyone else having problems loading .n64 roms? I can load .z64 and .v64 roms, but the .n64 roms load a black screen and don't move beyond that...

Oh and another question I forgot to add and am editing this now, does anyone have any suggestions for getting a USB FAT Formated HDD working with this? I can't seem to get it to read it. It always gives me something along the lines of "Error cannot open usb:/wii64/roms/"

My HDD works fine with other HomeBrewn apps this one just seems to have a problem reading it. I am using it in the USB0 slot, the one closest to the edge of the Wii.

Thanks in advance!

~LR~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 06:59AM by lastrogue.
September 14, 2010 07:07AM
Magil
Really? What kind of device are you loading roms from? I've only heard about 2-3 people that still retained those emulator's functionality under 1.0.8

I'd be really interested in knowing how it works for you.

Magil,

I've got wii64 beta 1.1 working with HBC 1.0.8 mostly. the only problems I'm having is loading .n64 file types (as apposed to .v64 or .z64), and I cannot get my USB HDD to be recognized. .v64 and .z64 games load from the SD card which is a SanDisk ultra II 1GB SD card.

Hope that helps somewhat!

~LR~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 07:08AM by lastrogue.
September 14, 2010 09:00PM
epic conversation guys if i were you just use wiifilter it is app that looks like hbc but run it through banner bomber only 4.2 or below just saying

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 09:01PM by supermegamanxl.
September 14, 2010 10:39PM
supermegamanxl
epic conversation guys if i were you just use wiifilter it is app that looks like hbc but run it through banner bomber only 4.2 or below just saying

Too lazy to go around using other homebrew launchers. It's easier to whine and complain about why the current HBC version breaks functionality on slightly older emulators.

While your suggestion is acceptable, I have no real need to find a solution. My current workaround is having 1.0.6 and 1.0.8 installed at the same time, and using one or the other if I have problems with certain apps not running.

I'll just wait, see and hope that they update soon...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 10:40PM by Magil.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login