Re: WiiMC DVD playback
July 25, 2010 12:34AM
SifJar:
My humble apologies. I know WiiBrew wiki was enough for me. I didn't run into that site until well after I had most things figured out, but it has proved to be quite useful since then, since it is free and provides straightforward instructions about installing many different Homebrew apps. I don't run any cIOSes or backup games on my Wii, but you're right, the site has instructions for that, too. Perhaps if I took the time to finish my guide it would be useful to people here since it wouldn't contain information about such things...

dirtrider73068:
Do you have a fakesigned IOS (Trucha bug)? Is IOS202 stubbed?

Tantric:
OK!!! I messed around a little and finally got DVD playback working (fingers crossed)!
1. I uninstalled WiiMC.
2. I used DOP-Mii to delete IOS202.
3. I installed "IOS 202 Installer 1.1".
4. I installed "WiiMC 1.0.6 (New Install)".
5. I adjusted the video settings to "Cache Fill=100%" and "Frame Dropping=Always".
6. I tried playing Matrix Revolutions, which hadn't worked before, but it works great now! It still gets glitchy when navigating the title menu, but the movie plays great. If the audio does get glitchy after navigating the title menu, I press D-pad down once and D-pad up once. I think this is just reloading the audio stream solving the glitchy noise problem. Rewinding seems to help, too.

I am now much happier with WiiMC than MPlayerCE, thanks! I even take back what I said about how WiiMC doesn't compare to Photo Channel. I actually really like that photos are organized by directory and listed alphabetically by filename rather than thrown into one pool and organized by date. I've submitted a couple of ideas for your consideration on the Feature Suggestion board of the WiiMC site. Thank you.
July 25, 2010 04:09AM
Iwatasan

dirtrider73068:
Do you have a fakesigned IOS (Trucha bug)? Is IOS202 stubbed?

I do not know, I haven't looked it much, did a search on here for IOS 202, and there was a place that explained the TBR and how to install it but it didn't say what IOS to patch. I don't think 202 is stubbed I need to find out if it is and go from there.
July 29, 2010 10:04PM
Depending on the country you live in, any of the stuff that is discussed on this site is as illegal as anything else. FYI
Hence the WiiMC program and the use of any exploits,bugs, etc. that people call them. If you read Nintendo's disclaimers and other policies you would know this already. There are only two reasons why these "Fail" terms and progies are against the site rules. Either:
1.) the folks that made the site are afraid to admit that what is going on here is illegal (against Nintendo's policies and some countries laws)

Or

2.) they just are trying to keep their arses out of trouble (which again, will not matter if they read the Nintendo policies)

Other than that I hope everyone enjoys this site as much as I am at the moment.

Please do not "hate" on me or tell me I am wrong, when I know I am right.
Also no matter the rules, if any one wishes to join the site they should read and respect what the creators have set as "acceptable" rules. It's in the sticky at the top of the forums. Read before posting.

Now with that said let's have fun and get along.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 10:17PM by zeveroth.
November 21, 2010 07:21PM
Well, I suppose you're right. It was pretty stupid of me to try to change how they feel about this. Being a teenager, I get much older and wiser in just a few months, and now I've been thinking that whether someone is wrong or right, trying to change them against their will is more wrong than they could be.

At any rate, WiiMC has dropped any need for the cIOS stuff, so we don't have to discuss that anymore. AND DVD playback is now flawless. Topic solved/closed?

P.S. Regardless of Nintendo's rules, I think this site's leaders and just leading it based on what they think is right and wrong, not what's illegal. Hacking into a Wii to add DVD playback is not wrong. Pirating games, however, is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login