Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forwarders as channels

Posted by punkydudester 
Re: Forwarders as channels
February 11, 2011 08:07PM
I've used CustomizeMii a lot, so I'll try to add some tips that worked for me in case somebody is interested in trying them...

SifJar
Next, you need to click the "Forwarder" button, and then choose "Simple Forwarder" (advanced forwarder is understandably more complicated), and type in the name of folder within "apps" that the boot.dol is found in (e.g. "homebrew_browser")

Have in mind that if you want to create complex forwarders, which are forwarders that point to folders that are not necesary in the APPS folder or if you want a forwarder that points to a folder in a USB device, you'll need to have installed in your PC:
*.NET framework
* DevkitPPC
* A compiled version of Benzin
Without any of these, your complex forwarder will not compile in Windows.

SifJar
Now for sound. If you want your channel to have a sound, it is best to click the "Browse" button beside the "New Sound" box, and then choose "Convert to BNS" (converting to BNS will mean a smaller file size for your channel). Then simply choose your sound file and click convert.

If you want your sound to loop, just click on the "Enter manually" option and leave it as is (with a zero, do not type any values), the loop command will loop using the length of your sound file by default.

SifJar
Finally, on to editing the banner. Move over to the "Banner" tab, and you'll see all the images ("TPLs") in your Base WAD. These are the images you can replace. You can use the "Preview" button to see what the images are, then use the "Extract" button to extract the images as PNG images. These can then be edited with any image editing program (e.g. PhotoShop, Paint.NET, GIMP). Once you're done, use the "Replace" button and choose the edited image. !!MAKE SURE THE IMAGE HAS THE SAME DIMENSIONS AS ORIGINAL!!.

You can use Banners from one WAD file, and Icons from another (I.E.: You can combine Wadder 1's Banner with Wadder 2's Icon), all you have to do is make your own templates, how? Easy, let's say you want to make a banner template:
1) Open the Wad file that has the banner you'd like to use.
2) Go to the Banner tab and click on each of the Tpl files and then click on Save (try to save everything in the same folder), keep the original file names!
3) Go to the Layout tab and click on the banner.brlyt file and then click on Save
4) Go to the Animation tab and click on each of the .brlan files you'll see on the Banner window (depending on the animation there could be more than one), and then click on Save.

Now you have your banner template, change or replace the image files as you wish, just remember to keep the same dimensions of the original files (as stated by SifJar), then open any other Wad file, and to replace its banner file with your template do it in this order:
1) Go to the Layout tab and click on the banner.brlyt file and then click on Replace and select the one you saved in your banner template folder.
2) Go to the Animation tab and click on each of the .brlan files you'll see on the Banner window, and then click on Delete. Delete all of them, and then click on Add, and add each one of the .brlan files you saved in your banner template folder.
3) Go to the banner tab and click on each of the Tpl files and then click on Delete. Delete all of them, and then click on Add, and add each one of the image files (tpl) you saved in your banner template folder.

Same thing applies to Icons, I've done lots of Custom Channels combining the banner from one wad file and the icon from another, it's highly recommended that you use the wad file that matches your banner template as your base wad (so that you just have to replace the icon files).

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2011 09:19PM by mugre1975.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login