Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banana saves &shop channle

Posted by lilboyblue3000 
Banana saves &shop channle
November 12, 2010 04:37AM
Banana saves acting weird. when I load it it show an Ios an nothing else it. I selected 259 and got an error six. I just trying to move a few games to my other wii. Can you tell me if Im it using it incorrectly.

I want to know how to update my shop. I cant find WIISCU or Arikado updater

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 02:13AM by lilboyblue3000.
Re: Banna saves &shop channle
November 12, 2010 05:05AM
Banana Saves requires an IOS with NAND permissions. Provided you have system menu 3.2, any IOS should work, though IOS 36 is usually recommended. However, if you have system menu 4.x, you do not have an IOS with NAND permissions unless you have already installed one. If this is the case, and you are not using an "LU64+" wii, use DOP-Mii to install IOS 36 v1042. Also, Banana Saves is only compatible with system menu 3.2 or 4.x, so make sure you have one of these versions.

As for the shop channel, simply install the latest revision of IOS 56 and the shop channel with DOP-Mii.
November 14, 2010 12:42AM
Does having a black wii lu15 matter and is is the x in 4.x a varible. sorry I know this sounds dumb I'm just making sure. I wonder hi do I install the dop mii. when I open the zip file it has an empty apps folder and a config folder. I wondering if I'm spose to unzip then paste or put the zip in w/o unzipping it.
November 14, 2010 12:50AM
No it doesn't matter if your Wii is black and no it's not a variable, it's your version.
November 14, 2010 01:12AM
ok as long as it means 4.2 kool

btw I cant get Dop mii to show up in my apps

thank for putting up w/my ignorance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 01:34AM by lilboyblue3000.
November 14, 2010 01:49AM
I'm guessing that you are running Windows XP, which has been reported to fail to extract that .zip. Try extracting it with another application such as 7zip. Windows 7 can extract it properly as well.
November 14, 2010 01:59AM
worked like a charm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 02:29AM by lilboyblue3000.
November 14, 2010 03:31AM
so It works now so which IOS is recommended to install to use other IOS's. is it IOS 36 or IOS61 ABHPROT. (I'm currently on IOS61)
November 14, 2010 05:11AM
IOS 61 + AHBPROT
November 15, 2010 02:00AM
OK dop mii is doing a DSI error every time I load it now and just when the wii is ask for an update when I load up the disk channle. This started happening when I installed IOS 36 but banana saves froze.

BTW you advice for the shop channle worked.
Re: Banana saves &shop channle
November 15, 2010 02:42AM
Since you downgraded an IOS, the disc channel will ask for an update whenever you attempt to use a newer disc. This can be avoided by using Priiloader or StartPatch to remove the disc update check (these can also permanently apply the patches that you were attempting to perform with Banana Patcher). Alternately, you could launch the game through Gecko OS, but this can get quite inconvenient.

However, that is probably irrelevant since it seems that you have a wii with the newer hardware that is unable to run older IOSes. Possibly the black wiis do not have serial numbers following sequentially from the white wiis, meaning that your wii may actually fall into the "LU64+" category. Assuming that Banana Saves freezes when you select IOS 36 this is the case.

If your wii does have the newer hardware, reinstall a newer revision of IOS 36 (the update from a game disc will take care of this). WiiBrew does not support any way to run Banana Saves (or other applications relying on old IOS exploits) that will work on newer wiis. Therefore, I'm sorry to say that you are on your own.

As for DOP-Mii, I don't know why it crashes. Still, though I have not used the latest revision of it, I can say that the previous revisions crashed quite frequently when I used them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 02:43AM by jbc007.
November 15, 2010 03:21AM
Dude did u bascly say I'm screwed if my wii is a newet tech wii. I feel uneasy but will trust in faith. you guys havent let me down b4.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 03:43AM by lilboyblue3000.
November 15, 2010 03:31AM
You will not be able to use Banana Saves without using methods no longer supported here. However, if you only want to use it to copy game saves, you can use Pussie Loader. This must be launched through Bannerbomb; therefore, it will not work if you ever update to 4.3.

Edit: Come to think of it, it is possible that Banana Saves can run on IOS 15. First of all, perform an update from a game disc that recently started wanting you to update (if you haven't done this already). With hope, DOP-Mii will work properly. Let me know if you are unable to get it to work. Use DOP-Mii to install the oldest revision of IOS 15. Now, try Banana Saves again, making sure to have it run on IOS 15.

It is possible that this will not work. Occasionally, an application does not work properly with every IOS. Though, in general, most IOSes will work for just about anything. Therefore, there is a very good chance that this will work. The games will again want you to update, though.

In case you were wondering, the oldest revision of IOS 15 (and IOS 16, though this can not be obtained legally) do work on newer wiis. These are the only pre October 23, 2008 IOSes that the newer hardware can run.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 03:43AM by jbc007.
November 15, 2010 03:48AM
Dude are u sure the disc channle is asking for a whole system update(Just worried)

btw you want me to do that then try banana saves again. If that fails use priiloader or pussie

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 04:24AM by lilboyblue3000.
November 15, 2010 05:05AM
lilboyblue3000
Dude are u sure the disc channle is asking for a whole system update(Just worried)

All it will do is update IOS 36.

lilboyblue3000
btw you want me to do that then try banana saves again. If that fails use priiloader or pussie

You can if you want. Though if you do, you must do it before updating from a game disc. Priiloader, like Banana Saves, requires the older IOS 36. Therefore, if Banana Saves does not work, Priiloader will not work either. However, Pussie Loader will work fine (though again, you must launch it with Bannerbomb). If this serves your purpose, great. If you would rather use Banana Saves, try downgrading IOS 15 as I suggested.
November 15, 2010 05:46AM
OK Dopmii is still not working so what do you suggest now.
November 17, 2010 12:43AM
Pussie loader all the way. I need help downloding the file

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2010 02:05AM by lilboyblue3000.
November 24, 2010 07:27AM
Why not just use save game extractor GX. it extracts save game to the sd card. and it copies all data.
It dumps the save out of your wii. I know it works well.
November 24, 2010 07:56AM
Savegame Manager GX needs a patched IOS/cIOS, doesn't it?
November 24, 2010 10:36PM
bg4545
Savegame Manager GX needs a patched IOS/cIOS, doesn't it?

Yes it does according to the Wiibrew wiki:

How to use

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run the application and select the save you would like to copy to or from your Wii.
Note: This app requires cIOS 249
A save game must already exist on the Wii to restore saved games. Play the game once and create a save file before restoring a save game using installer mode.

It's not supported.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login