Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64 and WiiSX recompiled (Improved USB Support)

Posted by bg4545 
Wii64 and WiiSX recompiled (Improved USB Support)
May 16, 2011 10:58PM
Seeing as both Wii64 and WiiSX were released a year ago and don't have very good USB support, I've recompiled them with the latest devkitPPC and libogc. USB support should be very much improved with these builds; I didn't change any of the actual code.

[sites.google.com]
[[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?jexaik33pvfcwhf]Mirror[/url]]

[sites.google.com]
[[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?ki3ohqy2xb27hij]Mirror[/url]]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 10:12AM by bg4545.
Re: Wii64 and WiiSX recompiled
May 17, 2011 07:14PM
Thank you bg4545. Wii64 works perfectly on the USB except for all of my saves that I transfered from the SD don't work.
May 18, 2011 01:02AM
I don't know why that would happen, but can you save to USB and use that? If so then there's something with the saves themselves...
May 18, 2011 04:54PM
I can save to the USB so you're probably right about the saves having problems.
May 18, 2011 10:01PM
Thanks ive been waiting for someone to make wii64 supportable with usb. But one problem which i had with wii64 when i was using it on an SD and now on my usb is the textures seem to be fucked, i either cant see and characters, or when the game starts all i see is background and nothing else, i can move and play but cant see anything. or like with banjo tooie i can see the characters but everything else is white. any suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2011 10:02PM by lankyone.
May 18, 2011 11:37PM
Enable FB Textures.
May 24, 2011 05:59AM
You are a god. Just when i thought noone would ever bother. Now my experimentation with it's support can continue.
Re: Wii64 and WiiSX recompiled (Improved USB Support)
June 07, 2011 01:30PM
Minor update, I've once again recompiled but this time with the latest libogc SVN version. Same download links.
June 08, 2011 04:45PM
Much appreciated!
Question: This emulator is not supposed to support NTFS devices, could this issue be fixed recompiling it to do so or is it a programming issue?
Thanks
June 08, 2011 06:10PM
It would have to be reprogrammed to use an NTFS library, such as libntfs.
June 10, 2011 11:46PM
I am having trouble with the wiisx emulator. I cannot seem to get the ISO to load. when ever I try it gives me message of ISO failed to load. What can I do? I am pretty sure that I am copy the right files to the ISOs folder.
June 12, 2011 02:46AM
Dark3845
I am having trouble with the wiisx emulator. I cannot seem to get the ISO to load. when ever I try it gives me message of ISO failed to load. What can I do? I am pretty sure that I am copy the right files to the ISOs folder.

Load through the SCPH1001.bin Playstation bios (don't ask for links here though!) and it should work fine. I do that with all of my games and it never gets that message or crashes. Also make sure your games are in the .bin and .cue format as that also helps.

bg4545, you should consider talking to the Wii64 and WiiSX teams about using your recompiled version on the HBB apps repository and on thier Wiibrew page. They might get more downloads.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2011 02:48AM by technoman.
June 12, 2011 03:19AM
technoman
bg4545, you should consider talking to the Wii64 and WiiSX teams about using your recompiled version on the HBB apps repository and on thier Wiibrew page. They might get more downloads.
I know that the EmulateMii Team doesn't like unofficial builds [I used to do them for Wii64, before the beta] so I doubt they'd allow that. They should be working on official updates anyway.
June 12, 2011 05:09PM
technoman
Dark3845

Load through the SCPH1001.bin Playstation bios (don't ask for links here though!) and it should work fine. I do that with all of my games and it never gets that message or crashes. Also make sure your games are in the .bin and .cue format as that also helps.

Okay,you said to not ask for links, but the unfortunate thing is I have no Idea where to find the SCPH1001.bin Playstation bios. What should I do? I am not asking for a link just for some guidance. I am never good and the techy-stuff. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2011 05:10PM by Dark3845.
June 12, 2011 10:01PM
The best think to do when you don't know what to do is to try using Google.
June 15, 2011 10:44PM
Hey i'm trying to use wii64, And when i load my roms, The games starts up all the music is messed up and the screen is very glitchy and off place, I don't know what to do and would apreciate te help thanks.

Posts Merged

Okay, You need the regular remote to play the games correct ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2011 12:10AM by SifJar.
June 16, 2011 12:10AM
There's a fantastic button called "Edit". Use it in future.
June 16, 2011 12:27AM
So you can correct me and not answer me? Goodjob.
And my bad i didn't realize the n64 emulator sucks balls for wii, Like seriously 30% of the games work ? I don't understand it , But that's dumb.

*Banhammer* ~~A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2011 02:53AM by Arikado.
June 16, 2011 12:01PM
On the off chance you read this despite being banned, I would like to say I have not used this application, I have no experience with it. I cannot offer any help with it. As a moderator, it is my responsibility to make sure rules are followed etc. hence I did what I did.
September 06, 2011 02:04AM
technoman
Dark3845

i have the sameproblem and i did what you said,instead of failing to load it got me back to the HBC menu :/ help?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2011 02:05AM by Kuppenkoopa.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login