Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Genesis Plus GX (v. 1.6) Problems

Posted by keyswordtar 
Genesis Plus GX (v. 1.6) Problems
January 02, 2012 10:12PM
Hello, all. I certainly don't mean to seem like a newb (not to say I'm not), but I have a question about the most recent version of the Genesis Plus GX application from the Homebrew Browser on the Wii. I've had version 1.6 for a while now, but I recently went back to some older saves of completed games that I made before the update. The older saves are now rendered useless (as I discovered today). I had to move the saves from the root of the genplus folder (which is on the root of my SD card) to a folder within the genplus folder named md because my save states started to appear in that folder (which I believe was a product of the update). However, as stated above, the states I moved do not work any longer. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and, if so, could help me out? Much appreciated.
Re: Genesis Plus GX (v. 1.6) Problems
January 03, 2012 01:23PM
Yes, that is expected. As the emulator core evolved, savestate format changed as well and old savestate files becomed incompatible.
It's impossible for me to keep support for all preexisting format, mainly because they stored data that are now non-existant or are now missing vital stuff for state restoring. However, i try to keep support for at least previous version, so 1.6.0 should be compatible with 1.5.0 savestates, 1.5.0 with 1.4.1... and so on.

Also, with the add of sg-1000, sms & gg support, saves (as well as cheat,s screenshots) files were indeed moved from /genplus/saves directory to /genplus/saves/xx directory for each emulated system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 01:28PM by ekeeke.
Re: Genesis Plus GX (v. 1.6) Problems
January 03, 2012 06:55PM
Ah, I see. Thank you for the reply. That's all I need to know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login