Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64 Issues

Posted by EarlAB 
Wii64 Issues
April 24, 2012 03:09AM
When I load [bleep]s from Wii64, after about 2 seconds of playing it, it goes in Slow-motion and makes weird noises. Also, when I play Paper Mario, the screen flashes then the Wii turns off...help me please?
Re: Wii64 Issues
April 26, 2012 06:30AM
What version are you using? the newest beta? What games are you playing?
April 26, 2012 10:54PM
I'm not sure what version I'm using...

I only have Majoras Mask and Paper Mario.
May 18, 2012 11:06PM
UPDATE: Just don't fudge with the settings. (Except Button Mappings and saves!)
July 25, 2012 04:27AM
I can't play it, i can't move my control stick and I'm using my Classic Wii remote, i need help >.<
August 09, 2012 09:59PM
Me too, I tried with all the controlls. Except with the wiimote alone it works for tilting but it's ocward. I don't own a gcn controller. Plz someone help me, I just want to play mario 64! And I'm using version 1.1 "honney". Tell me what's wrong!
September 07, 2012 09:33PM
I think a lot of it has to do the overall quality of the ROM file. I play super mario 64 on the same version, but with a gamecube controller and it seems to run fine, aside from bad music quality. paper mario wont even start for me though. i would just expirament, try different cpu settings, andtry booting thru bios
March 17, 2013 12:36AM
I am unable to get Wii64, version 2, to load from the DVD.

If I attempt it, it tells me that DVDXv2 is not found.

I thought that the old DVDX channel was killed, and homebrew now had direct access to the DVD.

How do I get this to work? Homebrew browser did not list a newer version.
March 17, 2013 01:18AM
Sounds like a very old version of Wii64, one that has not been updated to use the AHBPROT DVD access method used by new Homebrew Channel versions.
March 17, 2013 03:43AM
But as I said, it lists as up to date in homebrew browser.
March 17, 2013 06:26AM
Aha! Homebrew browser actually lists version 1.1, not version 2.0
March 17, 2013 05:05PM
keybounce
But as I said, it lists as up to date in homebrew browser.

That simply means it is the latest version the developer of Wii64 has created, or that it is the latest version the developer of the Homebrew Browser is aware of. It does not mean that the developer of Wii64 has implemented AHBPROT DVD access.
CUSTOMIZABLE ROM PATH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
March 24, 2013 09:26PM
I have Homebrew apps on 1 partition of my usb drive. A second partition is used for WBFS files. Wii64 is installed onthe first partition and has some ROMS dropped in. However I cannot play any because your app only looks for ROMS on usb:/ not usb1:/ or usb2:/ . I get an error showing that it cannot find ROMS on my USB drive. Please allow customizability of the file path to the ROMS.
Re: CUSTOMIZABLE ROM PATH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
April 01, 2013 11:34PM
Does anybody read that RED TEXT before they post anymore? Also it probably has to do with the FAT32 partition not being active. As far as anybody knows, it seems that at this point, active development on Wii64 by the official team is dead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2013 11:35PM by technoman.
April 05, 2013 09:41PM
Then the question is:
1. Is there a 2.0 release? I've seen links, but they are all dead/not found.
2. Is there a way to get 1.1 to work? I have 3.2 and an old (early) wii.
April 06, 2013 07:45PM
keybounce
Then the question is:
1. Is there a 2.0 release? I've seen links, but they are all dead/not found.
2. Is there a way to get 1.1 to work? I have 3.2 and an old (early) wii.

A1:

The version I'm running can be found in this thread however it is 2 years old at this point and won't save your configuration settings. It does however add USB support for Wii64.

The version in this thread I have not used and therefore can't recommend it but it seems to be picking up where the official developers left off in terms of some game compatibility issues.

As of right now, there is no 2.0 release by the official team or any 3rd party (just recompiles and small bugfixes based off of 1.1's source code)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A2:

The official 1.1 as well as the first version mentioned in A1 are still fairly buggy and lacking in game compatibility. Again I have not used the second version in A1 and can't vouch for increased game compatibility so I don't know whether some of the incompatible game issues are fixed. What I would recommend is to check and see if the game works either by using this compatibility list (this is the outdated one but it's easier to read) or this smaller compatibility list that seems to be just and addendum for some of the games on the outdated list.

Long story short, unless you know how to code and understand the nuances of the Nintendo 64, there is nothing you can do to fix these compatibility issues. My meter for a nearly perfect N64 emulator is if it can run Conker's Bad Fur Day. It is a fairly large game and one of the later games released for the N64 so it makes a good guinea pig for testing compatibility. So until Wii64 can run that, there is a long way to go in terms of game compatibility.
April 06, 2013 08:16PM
Thank you for that.

Meanwhile, the basic issue for me is simple:
I am trying to run ROMS off a DVD.
It sounds like the only choices are SD card or USB.

Is there a version of Wii64 that can work with the modern DVD access system?
If not, is there a way I can install the older version that Wii64 wants?
April 06, 2013 10:07PM
keybounce
Thank you for that.

Meanwhile, the basic issue for me is simple:
I am trying to run ROMS off a DVD.
It sounds like the only choices are SD card or USB.

Is there a version of Wii64 that can work with the modern DVD access system?
If not, is there a way I can install the older version that Wii64 wants?

If you unearth a copy of the Hackmii Installer 0.6, you might be able to install DVDx.
April 07, 2013 12:42AM
technoman
As of right now, there is no 2.0 release by the official team or any 3rd party (just recompiles and small bugfixes based off of 1.1's source code)
Not64 accumulated fairly substantial changes.

technoman
So until Wii64 can run that, there is a long way to go in terms of game compatibility.
Conker's Bad Fur Day was their release blocker for 1.2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login