Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This needs to be said.....

Posted by mhurdt 
This needs to be said.....
October 31, 2009 05:57AM
I looked at the post that I started 2 days ago...and found something that I think is very WRONG! I'll explain...

I started a post asking about the 4.2U update and why I couldn't get Metroid 3 to work...the post was changed to "Topic-needs-a-better-name" if you want to look.

What pisses me off is the fact that I didn't say anything to ANYONE about my copy of Metroid 3 being an illegal copy.

[b
Arikado[/b] [ PM ] Re: Topic-needs-a-better-name October 29, 2009 11:50AM Moderator Registered: 1 year ago Posts: 3,811 Via PM, the poster admitted to me that the game was an illegal copy. I believe you all know our policy on those...]
<-----This is FALSE!
Re: This needs to be said.....
October 31, 2009 10:31AM
Can you give is the PM's?
October 31, 2009 12:37PM
Well, was it an illegal copy? Also, could you quote the PM discussion between you and Arikado here please? It could be that something you said was interpreted (correctly or wrongly) as that it was an illegal copy.
October 31, 2009 03:21PM
Here's the exact PMs:

mhurdt
Arikado
In reply to [forum.wiibrew.org]

mhurdt
Someone can delete this post.
Why?

Gave up...just have to go and buy the trilogy.

Now tell me that doesn't imply that the non-working copy was an illegal copy since the problem was fixed by buying the game.
October 31, 2009 04:40PM
He could have meant he had a legitimate copy of Metroid Prime 3, but it didnt work so he bought Trilogy, which did.
November 01, 2009 04:46AM
He could be renting it, or borrowing it, but his wording does strongly incriminate him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2009 04:47AM by WikiFSX.
November 01, 2009 04:09PM
Or he could be referring to Metroid Prime Trilogy, which is a collection of all three Metroid Prime games on one disc. He stated Metroid Prime 3 was not working. This board has become very inflammatory of late. I'm not sure why. I wish it would go back to the very helpful board that it used to be and not the flame board it has had the tendency to become lately.

Josh
November 02, 2009 03:42AM
Forgot to mention, I also sent him a polite inquiry PM requesting clarification of his response to which he ignored (at which point I then closed that topic).
November 07, 2009 02:47PM
The reason that I haven't said anything about all of this is because I haven't checked to see what was going on with this post. I have been coming here for info as a guest for about 6 months now and most of the info that I have seen here is good to have and know, but like what was stated above
This board has become very inflammatory of late. I'm not sure why. I wish it would go back to the very helpful board that it used to be and not the flame board it has had the tendency to become lately.
.....I think this is true.

To clarify what I was originally talking about...I have a LEGAL copy of Metroid 3 that "I bought" from BestBuy in Feb. of this year. I had my system at 3.2U until I posted the original post...meaning I updated to 4.2U so that I could get a couple of games off of the store. ALL of my other games work except for Metroid 3 AFTER the update. So I went out and got a LEGAL copy of the trilogy so that I could play 3 again...I was going to buy it anyway when I heard it was coming out. I wasn't getting any help with the question that I originally asked, so I asked to have the topic deleted since I couldn't myself.

From all of this that has happened...I'm not going to be an "active" member in this forum. This place feels like it is run by 13 year olds that have nothing better to do then to accuse people of things that are not there. Sad really.
November 07, 2009 03:07PM
Well, if you had responded to my PM asking for clarification on your statement to me, then this wouldn't have happened, would it?

I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope you'll overlook this and continue to participate in the definitive discussion boards for Wii homebrew.

I have reopened your topic now that I can clearly see that I made a mistake in doing so.
November 08, 2009 02:49AM
A hint: check out the Junkyard, and maybe you will understand the tight grip at the forums about piracy stuff. Not that justify any misjudgement, but try to see the mods POV.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login