Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inconsiderate Mods.

Posted by d3m0n1q_733rz 
Inconsiderate Mods.
February 03, 2012 08:25PM
One of the biggest problems I've seen with this site is the lack of consideration of its members by its moderators. In particular, I'm constantly getting onto SifJar for being a total asshole towards people other than myself. They're constantly removing posts simply because they don't think it's helpful as though they're supposed to decide EVERYTHING in the world. Frankly, new mods would be great and I'm about ready to cause a major problem for at least one of them if they don't get their act together and start treating people with a little dignity and respect and quit being an asswipe more often than a helpful mod.
Comments such as, "Seriously, if you can't figure that out, you have no business...," "However, unless you're being stupid, you should never brick your Wii anyway," "Are you a complete idiot? Sorry if that seems harsh, but why would you install a 4.2/4.1 theme on 4.3? Unless you were able to install BootMii/boot2, you CANNOT fix your Wii," make it a point that they have NO business trying to moderate other people's comments. They believe they know everything there is to know about everything and that anything someone else says that disagrees with them and threatens their little world must be destroyed on sight.
Something really needs to be done about this mod because they've belittled at least 5 different people that I know of and they're not getting any better.
Re: Inconsiderate Mods.
February 03, 2012 09:48PM
That's not all always true. The mods (and I) are very knowledgeable with how the Wii works and about general problems that occur. I'm sure they've helped more people than hurt them.
As for deleting posts, I personally try not to do so; I'll either make a new post or edit the offending post. The other mods have these privileges as well and make their own judgements. I believe they know what they're doing and don't see much wrong with their behavior. They do not decide everything in the world, but they do decide what to do if a post is misleading, irrelevant, or against the forum rules.
You are in no position to demand that they "get their act together". You do not have freedom of speech on these forums. You must abide by the rules and if a moderator feels that your post shouldn't be there, then they delete it and you have to accept that.
Their harsh comments are not to belittle anyone. There are many users who just don't know what they're doing and they don't care to read instructions, or see how things work, or understand consequences of their actions. If the users would put forth the effort then the moderators here wouldn't have to fix all the problems that arise from user error.
Lastly, they're moderators. Their business is to moderate comments. It's not about having a 'little world' and destroying all opposition, it's about keeping the forums productive and helpful to everyone.

Consider this your warning; You've argued and broken some rules. The bottom line is that we have the last word, and you must accept it. I won't do anything for now but if this continues like this then you will be banned.
February 03, 2012 10:48PM
Regarding the original thread where the trouble started: I told you to stop giving out bad/dangerous advice and explained why it wasn't relevant. You ignored my instructions (and the explanation) so your posts were forcibly removed.
February 04, 2012 10:16AM
My main concern is stopping people bricking their Wiis. Helping them run homebrew is almost (almost) a secondary concern. If people cannot figure out the really basic stuff like running apps (and usually I would not post anything like that until at least 4 or 5 posts have been made to explain something extremely basic such as setting up apps on SD card), then there is a good chance they will start blindly running apps and end up doing something silly and bricking their Wii.

My comment about not bricking your Wii if you use common sense - pretty true. I have never bricked my Wii, and I'm pretty sure most other mods haven't (unintentionally at least) bricked their Wii. If you don't mess with System Menu IOS or System Menu, and only install channels and themes from trusted sources (even better, test them on Dolphin first if you can), you should generally be fine. If you install BootMii/boot2 and take a NAND dump (which is the sensible thing to do if your Wii is capable), you will most likely never get into trouble you can't fix.

And the common about the 4.1/4.2 theme on a 4.3 Wii? Falls under the last category. It seems very much common sense to me that if a theme is labelled as for specific System Menus, you don't install it on a different System Menu.

Anyway, I'm sorry if you don't like my moderation style, but I'm not about to change it. It works for me, and I have helped a lot of people on these forums.
February 05, 2012 07:23PM
I have to agree with d3m0n1q_733rz on the subject of moderators attitude on this site. As a long time reader of this site (I rarely post as I'm not a Wii developer) I don't dispute the mod/admins assertions that they're helpful. Many of you are clearly very knowledgeable on the Wii... But you (one of you in particular) seems to revel in being condescending and outright rude at times. The fact is you can advise people, dissuade them from bricking Wiis and help them without resorting to these playground antics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login