Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Removing all Mods

Posted by Chudson123 
Removing all Mods
February 04, 2010 11:27AM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you could help me. I hacked my Wii a few months ago, but havent been using it. I now found out that my girlfriend has been playing around with it and installed backup loaders and all sorts of rubbish on it.

Before anyone flames me down, i know that backup etc are banned topics, but i want to remove it, not use it. I dont trust this stuff on my Wii.

Can anybody tell me how to remove everything and go back to a virgin Wii.

I am a 3.2U Wii softmod with Twilight hack.

If i go back to virgin Wii can i update the system menu to 4.2? Then re-mod using banner bomb?

Cheers for the help.

Chud
Re: Removing all Mods
February 04, 2010 02:17PM
I don't know if you can just remove the backup loaders or if you update it deletes them. I can tell you from 4.2 you can use bannerbomb v2 with hackmii installer, to rehack it, or you can update the homebrew channel to latest version, and update to 4.2 and it won't delete the homebrew channel.
February 04, 2010 03:47PM
Im not sure i want to risk just hitting update with this backup stuff on there. Is is not likely to brick my Wii?
Does anybody know a way of totally taking that stuff off?
February 04, 2010 03:54PM
Use AnyTitle Deleter to delete IOSes 222, 223, 249, and 250. You may not have all of these, so just delete the ones you have. Do not delete any other IOSes. If you have a backup loader channel, you can delete it with AnyTitle Deleter as well, but you need to know its title ID. If you don't know this title ID, but you still have the WAD on your SD card, run WAD Manager and have it uninstall the backup loader WAD.
February 04, 2010 06:39PM
After following jbc007's advice, if you want rid of HBC, DVDx and/or BootMii, run the HackMii Installer and use it to uninstall them. If you don't want rid of them, still run the HackMii Installer and update them all. Then update your Wii. After you update you will need to reinstall BootMii/boot2 if you had it/want it. Updating will fix any patched/messed up IOS.
February 05, 2010 04:55AM
jbc007
Use AnyTitle Deleter to delete IOSes 222, 223, 249, and 250. You may not have all of these, so just delete the ones you have. Do not delete any other IOSes. If you have a backup loader channel, you can delete it with AnyTitle Deleter as well, but you need to know its title ID. If you don't know this title ID, but you still have the WAD on your SD card, run WAD Manager and have it uninstall the backup loader WAD.

Just make sure you don't delete the wrong ISOes.
February 05, 2010 05:01AM
Funman
jbc007

Just make sure you don't delete the wrong ISOes.
IOSes
February 05, 2010 07:07AM
Cheers guys, I shall give it a try over the weekend. Fingers crossed i dont come back to you all with a broken Wii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login