Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged Oct.23 Update Thread

Posted by bushing 
Re: Mega Merged Oct.23 Update Thread
November 03, 2008 09:48AM
bushing
NeoRez
Sigh, my cousin decided to "help" me while I was gone by updating my wii shop channel. I have the homebrew channel beta 9, but I can't use the wad manager. Before my Gecko OS wouldn't work, but I did something to the boot file and it now works. Can I do the same to the wad manager?

"did something to the boot file"? What the hell does that mean?

I think NeoRez is refering to converting ELFs to DOLs, and is wondering if he converted WadManager to a DOL whether it will work again.
November 03, 2008 09:52AM
As far I know, WAD manager doesn't works because it uses the signing bug, not because it's a DOL or a ELF (ie. have nothing to do with HBC, apart from the file type). Anyway, you can try Elf Converter to at least run the app, but unless you have a cIOS installed, you can't use WAD Manager.
November 03, 2008 03:50PM
Where can I download this waninkoko downgrader?
November 03, 2008 03:57PM
@bushing

thank you... that clears more up, still all a big mess! haha
November 04, 2008 03:24AM
Hey guys, just to let you know, I got the wad manager to work again AFTER the update.
November 04, 2008 04:08PM
@NeoRez

Probably with the "special method", right?
November 14, 2008 02:05AM
DanielHueho
@NeoRez

Probably with the "special method", right?

What "special method" ? I'd like to install DVDX, but I updated. Share. :(
November 14, 2008 09:20AM
@SpyroDragon

The "special method" is a dangerous procedure, and I don't know if works with other app than WAD Manager.
November 16, 2008 11:40PM
so.. is it beta9's INSTALLER that goes around the update? Or is it the actual channel?
Also, what is this so called "special method"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2008 11:41PM by strongfan.
November 17, 2008 12:39AM
The installer.

The 'special method' is downgrading by installing a (nintendo signed so you still can) old IOS that has the signing bug with a WAD installer, then running a downgrader that uses that IOS you just installed.
November 17, 2008 09:15PM
where can I get an app that will do this for me? And it doesn't seem dangerous.
October 23rd Update
November 18, 2008 02:34AM
I know I could have posted in the other thread or even have read it but I have a plain and simple question to ask: Does the Twilight Hack still work? I have a friend that is asking for some homebrew on his wii that I was talking about so now I need a way to install the HBC.
Re: October 23rd Update
November 18, 2008 02:50AM
Yes, it works now.
November 18, 2008 02:52AM
yeah the tp hack and hbc beta9 installer work with the update.
all the update did was block fakesigned stuff
November 18, 2008 03:17AM
Wasn't sure if the TP hack was still Fakesigned counted anymore. Thanks.
Is it possible to downgrade from the Oct. 23rd update? If so, how?
November 29, 2008 09:13PM
I had my Wii updated with the October 23rd update before I got the Homebrew Channel, Homebrew Browser, and some emulators. All of it works fine, but I want to downgrade my system firmware so I can use DVDX and some other applications. My system firmware is currently at 3.3U ( I'm more cautious about updating now ) and I did update on Oct. 23rd. Is there any way I can downgrade or not? If I can, could someone please list step-by-step what I need to do. I'm new to all of this homebrew stuff on the Wii. Thanks in advance!!
Re: Is it possible to downgrade from the Oct. 23rd update? If so, how?
November 29, 2008 09:38PM
There is a way, but first you need to find a copy of the IOS16 WAD that is not signing-bug-patched. Then install it with the WAD Manager (it is signed by nintendo so it works), and then load a copy of wad manager that runs off of IOS16. Then use that wad manager to install the other IOSs.

At least I think that is how you do it :).
November 30, 2008 01:25AM
use wufe to dump mario kart wii, then use wad manager to install every ios and the system update from that disc, then download bushing's semi brick fix disc and use waninkoko's menu patcher to run the disc, finally use any title deleter and delete ios37 and ios51 after all this you will be at a good 3.2 system menu
icefire was telling you how to install fake signed wads.
ios16 is only found on the wii backup disc.
November 30, 2008 06:49AM
Oh, I didn't even know what that did :|. I was just remembering what I read somewhere :|.
Error 2011
December 07, 2008 02:28AM
I downloaded the DVDx Installer via the homebrew browser, but when I try to run it I get an error 2011.
How do you fix this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login