Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

remove preloader

Posted by darklink 
remove preloader
August 28, 2009 04:50AM
i have preloader installed on my 4.0U wii, if i downgrade with any region changer will it be removed??

also is there a way to update back to 4.0U without updating all the way to 4.1U because i use themes

and downgrading and updating again will doing that remove the patched ios's with trucha bug??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2009 04:52AM by darklink.
Re: remove preloader
August 28, 2009 05:26AM
there is no need to downgrade, so why would you need to worry about this in the first place?
August 28, 2009 06:05AM
ok so how do i remove it without updating to 4.1
August 28, 2009 06:29AM
use NUS Downloader to get a WAD of your system menu, and install it
August 28, 2009 07:57AM
ok thanks alot
August 28, 2009 09:55AM
Be sure that you have the NTSC-U WAD, not the PAL WAD. if you do not enter a version number you will get the PAL wad.
August 28, 2009 01:32PM
If you dont enter a vesion number, you'll get the 4.1 PAL WAD. Oh, and themes are teh fail, as is downgrading.
August 29, 2009 02:25AM
are themes illegal?
August 29, 2009 02:26AM
Usually, yes
August 29, 2009 02:52AM
but like it says in the wadder.net page
wadder forums
First, to put this straight, there is only a few legal themes in existence – and none of them change any colors or have any edits besides TPL edits. All others, including the SoftMii themes, are illegal. They are based on the System Menu’s content archive with minor (yes, minor) modifications, such as slightly changing a few brlyt files and/or replacing a few TPL images. All of that leaves intact, at least, 5+ megabytes of Nintendo property that is not only illegal to distribute, just makes file sizes larger and causes the SoftMii team to need donations to pay for the hosting :P .

However, there is a solution. That solution is called MyMenu, and it uses a scripting language to automate the modifications to the archive to create a theme, all legally, as it only includes the patches, not the original files. Also, it makes files that are less than around 4mb total, even with everything changed, instead of up to about 20 megabytes. This is possible because MyMenu uses a different idea on distribution than other theme tools and guides. MyMenu lets you create your own themes, then just distribute the patch, so everyone can apply it on their own files and create their own, larger, file that they can install with MyMenuify.

using my menu and .mym files(theme files to use with Mymenu) they're supposed to be legal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login