Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Update 1.0.5 - Can't load apps/Freezing

Posted by Affinity 
Homebrew Update 1.0.5 - Can't load apps/Freezing
October 01, 2009 04:20AM
For some reason, I can't load any of my apps from Homebrew after I updated to 1.0.5 today. It will just freeze during the black screen.

Someone else with a similar issue: [www.smashboards.com]

Anyone know how to fix this problem??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 04:29AM by Affinity.
Re: Homebrew Update 1.0.5 - Can't load apps/Freezing
October 01, 2009 04:30AM
What happens when you try to load an app? Are there any apps on the HBC screen?
October 01, 2009 04:49AM
Yeah, they show on the screen and Homebrew runs fine through Bootmii and the system menu. It's just when I try to load apps. 90% of the time it will just freeze on the black screen.

No idea if this is at all related, but my Homebrew Channel channel on the system menu moved to the closest-to-first available spot after I updated, for some reason :/
October 02, 2009 04:23AM
I figured something out!

Everything with 1.0.5 works fine until something in a game, in my case SSBB, freezes (hacks loading too quickly, etc). That's when I start to have problems in the HBC.

Maybe this can help fix the problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2009 04:23AM by Affinity.
October 02, 2009 08:41AM
I don't understand your problem. You said the problem was similar to the one you linked to, which wasn't close to how I imagined yours, you stated you couldn't load any apps and now you stated everything works fine until something in a game freezes (I don't get what you mean with this).

I'll try to understand you so here I go... Did you update the system menu or just the homebrew channel? Could you give details (when does it freeze, can you reproduce it(how), can you avoid it anyway)?

As a side note: I'm running HBC 1.0.5 and GeckoOS/Ocarina codes work fine.

Nice to see SSBB players' names here,
Aruskano
October 02, 2009 06:19PM
Oh, sorry for being so unclear. Here's a better explanation:

My system menu is version 3.2U. When I first updated the HBC to 1.0.5 the other day, along with DVDx and Bootmii, everything worked fine. All apps loaded and ran without any problems. However, after playing Brawl for a few hours, my game froze from hacks loading too quickly, I believe. All my codes work fine and none of them have had any problems before the HBC 1.0.5 update.

After I had to hard shut-down my wii I turned it on, went to the Bootmii screen, and selected to HBC. The Homebrew Channel loaded without any issues and it showed all my apps, but about 90-95% of the time, any app I try to load will go to the black screen and freeze. That's my problem.

At first I thought that I might have not updated Bootmii correctly, so I uninstalled the HBC, deleted the Bootmii files from my SD card, then re-installed HBC 1.0.3 through Hackmii Installer 1.2 along with DVDx and Bootmii. After that, I waited for the 1.0.5 auto update to pop up. Once it did, I made sure that everything, including Bootmii, was installed correctly.

Once again everything worked fine. I played my games and even tested for the same problem by going back to the HBC and loading different apps without any problems at all. After a few hours of playing, though, my game froze again and I had to hard shut down. After I turned on my Wii, went to Bootmii, then the HBC, I have the same problem! The apps almost never load and they freeze my wii during the black screen; they will load randomly and very rarely.

Needless to say, I downgraded to 1.0.3 and don't plan on upgrading back to 1.0.5 until something is done to fix the issue.

Does that help?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2009 07:19PM by Affinity.
October 02, 2009 10:59PM
Did you try playing Brawl without hacks? Or loading the HBC from the Wii Menu instead of bootmii?
October 03, 2009 12:32AM
Well, I read somewhere about a guy with graphical issues when loading the HBC from bootmii but without those issues when loading it from the system menu. Also, I don't get your problem, if reinstalling it "refreshes" whatever is harming the HBC it just doesn't make sense to me. I advice you to:
a) Load the HBC from system menu if you want to try
b) Get on the IRC channel [channel: #wiidev server: irc.efnet.net] and talk about your issue there. The big boys are there almost the whole day.

I assume playing brawl without codes wouldn't be the answer since you may be playing brawl+ or using the replays' codes (those are the only things I actually do), not to mention ignoring a problem is far of being the proper solution (it's not even a solution).

I'm sorry about my unusefulness,
Aruskano
October 03, 2009 12:53AM
I get the same result if I go to the HBC through the system menu :/

Thanks Aruskano, I'll see if they can help me there.
October 03, 2009 01:45AM
Yeah I seem to be getting problems with loading a certain app too. I know it's not The Homebrew Channel but maybe it is (1.0.5). I think it is Gecko OS 1.9.2 trying to run on the new Wii Menu 4.2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 01:47AM by wildgoosespeeder.
October 03, 2009 02:53AM
@Affinity: Please help our community by stating the solution to your problem (if you find one).

@wildgoosespeeder: Had a hard time trying to get something productive out of your post (I failed); certain app (how misterious!), you know it's not but maybe it is, Gecko OS-4.2 issues when he stated he was using 3.2.
This outlight is a request to explain your points or theories so we can understand a bit of the reasons, background and/or the objective of your statement. I guess you had a point and I just didn't get it.
October 03, 2009 02:55AM
@Aruskano
Ah, screw that post. Delete it. Whatever. I posted it somewhere else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login