Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updated LU60 Wii to 4.2 and HBC did not delete

Posted by SimpsonsJunkie 
Updated LU60 Wii to 4.2 and HBC did not delete
January 11, 2010 10:12AM
I originally installed the HBC via Bannerbomb v1 on my LU60 wii when I was on system menu 4.0. Updated to 4.1 with no problem. Bought NSMB that has the 4.1 and a half update and played that without the HBC deleting. Now a few days ago I updated to 4.2U without the HBC deleting. I do not have bootmii installed because I could only do it as an ios. Besides a few homebrew games the only thing I really use is MplayerCE (which is great). Does anyone know why my HBC works 100% every time, even after I update my system through nintendo? Is it because the HBC isn't loaded in Boot2?

Also, I redownloaded the Nintendo Channel. Clicked through the agreements quickly and accepted them, then noticed that they keep a play log of every game you have ever played on your wii. Didn't see the HBC on there. Can they track the HBC usage? Are there any cons to letting them track usage? I do not keep wiiconnect24 on. And 99% of the time I use the HBC, I'm using MplayerCE.

Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2010 10:13AM by SimpsonsJunkie.
Re: Updated LU60 Wii to 4.2 and HBC did not delete
January 11, 2010 02:05PM
The information on the wiki is slightly misleading. Only HBC versions 1.0.4 and older are deleted by 4.2.
January 11, 2010 10:02PM
HBC no longer appears in play logs (it did used to, but in recent versions it doesn't), so there should be no issue allowing them to track your usage. Anyway, they claim it is completely anonymous, so even if they do find HBC, they can't tell what Wii it came from. (But even when HBC DID appear in play logs there was no issue with using Nintendo Channel, so you don't need to worry)
January 11, 2010 10:19PM
Normally the Homebrew Channel does not appear in the play logs, but if you launch a game or channel from a program (such as Gecko OS) that was launched from the Homebrew Channel, your play time will be reported in the play log as Homebrew Channel. This may be an issue if you send your wii to Nintendo for repair without deleting the play logs, but otherwise it does not matter. Even though the Nintendo channel sends the play logs to Nintendo, they will not use this information against you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2010 11:35PM by jbc007.
January 11, 2010 11:13PM
Thanks for the response everyone. The HBC usage has never appeared in my normal play log. I don't use (or even have) Gecko OS, not too interested in playing out of region games. I wasn't worried about using the nintendo channel. I am worried about Nintendo pulling a Microsoft and banning people from online play in the future. I only use legtimate discs and never have used cheat codes. Gots to get my Mariokart fix weekly. But thanks again for the answers guys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login