Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Music on the Homebrew Menu

Posted by BlackLegSanji 
Music on the Homebrew Menu
March 03, 2010 04:28AM
When I installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii I didn't expect much. I was quite pleasantly surprised at how much effort went into making it into an actual experience to match the other Wii channels. Each application has its own icon and each sub menu has music. This is where my question comes into play...

In the application folders there is a PNG file used for the app's icon. I have successfully customized this, so that all of mine match (making it very pleasant to look at for me and my friends.)
I was wondering if you can customize the music that plays on your app's menu screens.
For example, if I ran an NES emulator the menu could play the theme to Super Mario Brothers.

I think many of us like to take the time to customize all our stuff in this day and age. This is why more systems began giving us so many options and support products that exist only to decorate systems. That being said...

Is there a way to change the menu music and how would we go about it?
Re: Music on the Homebrew Menu
March 03, 2010 04:42AM
I know you can change the music in the home brew browser, but not sure about the homebrew channel menu. If it can be done it would be pretty cool, but being able to have music for each app listed in the menu I think would be hard to assign, but migh can be down but may be doubtful. Someone that knows that well will chime in.
March 03, 2010 06:51AM
dirtrider73068
I know you can change the music in the home brew browser
How does one go about doing that?

I'm trying to learn as much as possible.
March 03, 2010 11:02PM
BlackLegSanji
dirtrider73068
I know you can change the music in the home brew browser
How does one go about doing that?
In your Homebrew Browser folder, replace the loop.mod file with any MP3 file renamed to loop.mp3.
July 21, 2010 09:21AM
Have any of you tried to mod the HBC app menu?

I would like to have just a background audio loop for it :-)
July 21, 2010 09:51AM
You can't change the HBC.
July 21, 2010 11:26AM
However, there was recently released an open-source clone called Homebrew Filter. It has a very similar GUI and use the same SD card setup (apps folder etc.), and has built in categories. It is only on revision 4, so its still a work in development, and probably a little buggy, but someone could probably add background music to it.
July 21, 2010 03:40PM
SifJar
However, there was recently released an open-source clone called Homebrew Filter. It has a very similar GUI and use the same SD card setup (apps folder etc.), and has built in categories.

Yes, I did read something about HBF a while back and being a open-source project.

It is only on revision 4, so its still a work in development, and probably a little buggy, but someone could probably add background music to it.

Buggy it may be, but this would be the time to see about adding a audio loop.

One thing though, I am not really wanting to jump ship from HBC and the teams hard work!

my .02
July 21, 2010 03:56PM
I know, I would prefer to stick with HBC too. I don't really care about the lack of background music, I don't use HBC that often, and when I do, I'm only there for a few seconds while I find the homebrew game or app I want to use. I haven't tried HBF, I'm just guessing its probably buggy...
July 22, 2010 07:21PM
It would be nice to have music in HBC. Hopefully in a later version, but I guess it best to let TT do their thing. As for HBF...never heard of it, maybe I should look it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2010 07:22PM by SolidMario7.
July 22, 2010 08:01PM
It is pretty new, no surprise you haven't heard of it, I only saw it on 1ntrusion.com, no other site I read featured it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login