Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bootup problem

Posted by struggling_jo 
bootup problem
April 01, 2010 05:54AM
hi to all.

i have a softmod 4.0U system menu. I have HBC installed and recently found out that it also has preloader 0.29.

since it was modded, it usually starts with the Health Warning screen. just recently, it starts with a black screen with a statement:

Now repairing....
DO NOT POWER OFF

and when i press A, it will start the preloader screen. i can now select systemmenu and can use the wii normally. but this isnt the normal way it boots up like before. checking the settings, it says it will go directly to systemmenu at bootup... my guess is that something's corrupted.

i know something's wrong but dont know how to fix it. i just hope the author of the preloader app has an idea how this problem comes up.

tnx.
Re: bootup problem
April 01, 2010 12:32PM
I had exactly the same problem present itself this morning, and as with you pressing 'A' takes me to the preloader screen where you can select the systemmenu. Would also welcome advise on how to resolve.

Should we restore a previous NAND backup or update to preloader .30 ?
April 01, 2010 02:45PM
leave it for now... im guessing this is an april fools prank. ;D my nephew said this problem just started this morning... April 1. i'm expecting it to be normal tomorrow... i hope.
April 01, 2010 03:29PM
[wiibrew.org]...

EDIT: that ellipsis there is part of the URL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2010 03:29PM by cactusjack901.
April 02, 2010 03:40AM
yep... it was a prank. everything's back to normal now. though it was a well placed prank (and it got me real bad! lol ;D), it could have been dangerous. people like me and johnyb could have easily (and anxiously) done some unnecessary fixing, like doing a restore or even an uninstall. our actions could have lead to a worse problem... or even brick our wii. some could have gone to a service center and spent repair fees. like the article provided by cactusjack901 (thanks for the link), "it was a mean joke". but..... i got no ill feelings for the developers of preloader... i guess i would even use this opportunity to thank them for apps like these... but not the pranks, ok? hehehe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login