Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Update

Posted by KirbyPhelpsPK 
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Update
May 23, 2010 11:02PM
I just got the game today, but it requires an update. I'm afraid that if I do update, it'll delete Homebrew Channel or worse, brick my Wii. Is there a way to update my Wii but still keep Homebrew Channel? Like, is there a new version of Homebrew that avoids update removals?
Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2 Update
May 24, 2010 12:29AM
KirbyPhelpsPK
I just got the game today, but it requires an update. I'm afraid that if I do update, it'll delete Homebrew Channel or worse, brick my Wii. Is there a way to update my Wii but still keep Homebrew Channel? Like, is there a new version of Homebrew that avoids update removals?

Use GeckOS, it allows you to boot the game while skipping the mandatory update at the same time.
May 24, 2010 02:52AM
Okay. But my brother wants to know if there's another way as well, because he'd rather just use the start channel... :/
May 24, 2010 04:52AM
The update seems safe.
May 24, 2010 05:08AM
^So, even with Homebrew installed on my Wii, updating won't cause any harm?
May 24, 2010 06:31AM
KirbyPhelpsPK
^So, even with Homebrew installed on my Wii, updating won't cause any harm?
No.
May 24, 2010 10:31AM
You could also install Priiloader ( [wiibrew.org] ) and activate the Disable Disk Updates Hack.
May 24, 2010 01:17PM
That will only work if SMG2 doesn't include a new IOS that it needs. If it does, you won't be able to use that hack.
May 24, 2010 01:27PM
Then do the first start over GeckoOS, since it installs only the neccassary stuff, and then you can always do it using Disc Channel with Priiloader.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2010 01:28PM by Superyoshi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login