Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delete Core Wii Menu Channels

Posted by Gatleos 
Delete Core Wii Menu Channels
June 11, 2010 12:07PM
Specifically, the forecast, news, etc. channels that can't normally be deleted. I've looked everywhere and haven't gotten a straight answer yet. The closest I've come is some kind of process involving editing certain files in the memory to make the channels "deletable". I don't mind any process I have to undergo, as long as someone can clearly tell me what I need to do and what I need to do it. Can anybody help?

By the way, I've got the HBC, BootMii, the works, so I'm ready for just about any memory tinkering necessary.
Re: Delete Core Wii Menu Channels
June 11, 2010 12:27PM
I think AnyTitle Deleter gets rid of those. Me, I just moved them (Forecast, News, Photo, and Mii) over to the 4th page.
June 11, 2010 05:02PM
Yeah, AnyTitle Deleter will do the job, just be careful with it. It shouldn't allow you to brick yourself completely, but still, be careful not to delete anything you aren't SURE you want rid of (esp. VC and WW games, as deleting them with AnyTitle Deleter means you have to buy them again if you want them back, instead of just redownloading for free)

Check the Title Database at wiibrew.org to find the Title IDs of the channels you want to delete, then delete them with AnyTitle Deleter.
To use AnyTitle Deleter, IOS36 must have both Trucha Bug and ES_Identify. If you have a fully updated Wii, IOS36 will not have these. You can use Trucha Bug Restorer or dop-Mii to patch both into IOS36, then AnyTitle Deleter should work. It will still give an error on loading, but if you ignore it it should continue to load anyway, and work absolutely fine.
June 11, 2010 06:34PM
SifJar, mine gives this error, too. When loading and when deleting, but everything always goes just fine. Do you know why that error occurs and what does it mean?
June 11, 2010 11:01PM
There error occurs only with an upgraded and patched IOS36, and did not occur if you had the original IOS36. I believe the patch isn't quite the same, or else there is something else, which is unimportant, that was in the previous revision but not the current. I am not completely sure.
June 11, 2010 11:29PM
Don't worry, I get it now. Just be sure in which case the error didn't appear and if it really meant something important. I see it doesn't. Thanks.
June 12, 2010 12:59AM
AnyTitle Deleter calls ES_Identify twice. This works properly on old IOSes (AnyTitle Deleter was made before October 23, 2008, so this was not an issue). However, ES_Identify can only be called once per IOS reload on a newer, patched IOS. That causes the error.
June 12, 2010 03:05AM
Shouldn't ATD's IOS gain higher privilegies with the first ES_DiVerify calling? Why would it call the function a second time?
August 15, 2010 01:39AM
Mestizo
I think AnyTitle Deleter gets rid of those. Me, I just moved them (Forecast, News, Photo, and Mii) over to the 4th page.

Not meaning to hijack, how do you move the channels around like that, I have some empty spots and want to move some to those empty spots.
August 15, 2010 01:46AM
Press A and B simultaneously to pick up the channel and drop it where you like.
August 23, 2010 12:49AM
I might just add to the last post that you can't move the disc channel- I think there's a homebrew app for it though.
August 24, 2010 08:30PM
Priiloader can patch the system menu to allow moving of the disc channel.
August 24, 2010 11:50PM
winmaster

As of august 14th I don't think we are allowed to talk about patching systems anymore.
[forum.wiibrew.org]
August 25, 2010 12:23AM
dirtrider73068
winmaster

As of august 14th I don't think we are allowed to talk about patching systems anymore.
[forum.wiibrew.org]

That only applies to cIOS. Priiloader is okay as long as discussion on how to install it does not lead to discussion of cIOS.
August 25, 2010 12:24AM
Ah ok gotcha thinking it was the same thing. My bad.
August 30, 2010 08:40PM
Also, rebooting with hooks with Gecko OS will allow for the disc channel to be moved. (if you forgot)
August 31, 2010 12:46AM
I need to ask this.

Why would someone want to delete the core channels?
August 31, 2010 12:59AM
Most likely to free up space.
August 31, 2010 01:24AM
Deleting System Channels (channels that cannot be normally deleted) does not add free space; They are part of unusable memory reserved for System software.
September 10, 2010 07:23AM
SifJar
Yeah, AnyTitle Deleter will do the job, just be careful with it. It shouldn't allow you to brick yourself completely, but still, be careful not to delete anything you aren't SURE you want rid of (esp. VC and WW games, as deleting them with AnyTitle Deleter means you have to buy them again if you want them back, instead of just redownloading for free)

What?!? This does not make any sense to me, why would it matter? The Wii Shop has a log of games you've purchased and I dont think there should be a problem re-downloading a game again if you delete such files.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login