Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Update 4.3

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Wii Update 4.3
July 27, 2010 07:00PM
SifJar
Aobx: Yeah its more of interest for devs. And I think reloading IOS will make the Wii realise HBC isn't running anymore or something, and then the flags on the register are reset.

abiodun110: That tool is not supported here as it is mainly used for installing pirated VC/WW games. As such, you won't get any support on using it here, and I ask you don't mention it please.

SifJar: what about the ios 202 for DVD support or the node hackmii instructed to add to meta file, I don't understand how that works.
July 27, 2010 07:25PM
Install IOS202 and then you will be able to play DVDs through WiiMC or MPlayer CE. Get the IOS202 installer from [www.wiimc.org]. I'm pretty sure I already said this.
July 27, 2010 11:45PM
Sifjar,
I have read on the patching, and using the dop-mii for the fake signing but still have a hard understanding. Does it matter what ios you chose to fake sign or can you use any ios other than hbc and the system menu ios? I have the ios 202 installer and tried it but don't have a fakesign ios for it to install. I searched here for ios 202 and it had a post linked to a site explainging the dop-mii and fakesiging but still lacked to what ios I could fakesign to install 202.
July 28, 2010 12:54AM
Is there anyway of getting Smash Stack to work with a PAL SSBB as ive tried but everything just freezes?
Or is the only other way with Lego Indiana Jones?
July 28, 2010 12:59AM
I'm guessing that is the case because I've tried the same tactic and it hasn't worked, so now I've ordered a copy of Lego Indiana Jones myself, just be careful when ordering because I've learnt that there are now two different versions of Lego games for this name.
July 28, 2010 02:15AM
Now that an updated HBC has been released, I'd like to ask if it's safe to update. When 4.3 first came out, there were a lot of reports about bricked Wiis. Does the new update replace boot2 in a safer way?

I just want to be able to buy stuff from the Wii Shop Channel, and I don't know if I should trust Dop shop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2010 02:51AM by MidniteBlaze.
July 28, 2010 03:05AM
dirtrider73068
Sifjar,
I have read on the patching, and using the dop-mii for the fake signing but still have a hard understanding. Does it matter what ios you chose to fake sign or can you use any ios other than hbc and the system menu ios? I have the ios 202 installer and tried it but don't have a fakesign ios for it to install. I searched here for ios 202 and it had a post linked to a site explainging the dop-mii and fakesiging but still lacked to what ios I could fakesign to install 202.

WiiMC installer can use any fakesigned IOS, but since IOS36 is the default one (not the only one) for this kind of procedure, you could simply fakesign IOS36 and use it. Dop-Mii has the option to do it for you, just select it and the necessary files will be downloaded from the Internet. With an offline Wii, you'd need to have IOS36-64-v3351.wad in the root of your SD card. This wad can be downloaded through NUS Downloader.

bluelion
Is there anyway of getting Smash Stack to work with a PAL SSBB as ive tried but everything just freezes?
Or is the only other way with Lego Indiana Jones?

Smash Stack works only with a NTSC (american/canadian) SSBB. No other way around this.

MidniteBlaze
Now that an updated HBC has been released, I'd like to ask if it's safe to update. When 4.3 came out, there were a lot of reports about bricked Wiis. Does the new update replace boot2 in a safer way?

I just want to be able to buy stuff from the Wii Shop Channel, and I don't know if I should trust Dop shop.

Then just update Shop Channel and IOS61 to their latest releases through WiiSCU. That's pretty safe.
July 28, 2010 08:01PM
Has Lego Indian Jones been withdrawn from sale as I cannot find it in the shops anywhere. The only place I've seen it is on EBay which looks like the only option.
July 28, 2010 08:05PM
no, its just an old game and not many places have it.

a while back i saw it in tesco for around £10 and considered buying it. wish i had now so i could sell it on for more to a poor n00b on 4.3 :D
July 28, 2010 08:36PM
Hey guys, recently I updated my Wii (via Nintendo) from 4.1 to 4.3, but bootmii (as boot 2) seems to still be there (I can see two brief flashes in the console while turning it on)
is that normal?
Do I have to worry about that?

Additional info:
bootmii: installed with the hackmii installer v0.5 as boot 2
July 28, 2010 08:40PM
yes its normal. you probably updated via a disc with boot2v4 on it (e.g. NSMB or any more recent game) and then installed BootMii, and as boot2 was latest revision, it wasn't updated again, so BootMii wasn't overwritten.
July 28, 2010 09:10PM
I installed bootmii boot 2 a few days after bannerbomb was confirmed to work on 4.1

After installing bootmii as boot 2 the only new games I've played are:
+Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
+Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
+Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
+Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
+Bakugan: Battle Brawlers
+Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

None of them asked for an update and bootmii was always accessible
July 28, 2010 10:53PM
headfirst4halos
None of them asked for an update and bootmii was always accessible
And yes, again, that's perfectly normal under about a million different circumstances of which at least one obviously applies to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2010 10:53PM by Arikado.
July 29, 2010 03:17AM
Thank you Team Twiizers, for releasing the new hackmii installer for all of us.

(I wonder if they read this forum?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 03:17AM by Kamiyama.
July 29, 2010 04:12AM
All right!
thanks for the quick answers SifJar and Arikado

EDIT:
just one last thing regarding bootmii:
Is it okay to update bootmii to beta 5 without first doing an uninstallation of the previous version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 04:19AM by headfirst4halos.
July 29, 2010 04:22AM
headfirst4halos
EDIT:
just one last thing regarding bootmii:
Is it okay to update bootmii to beta 5 without first doing an uninstallation of the previous version?
Yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 04:22AM by Arikado.
July 29, 2010 04:43AM
YESZ!
Thanks for the quick answer ^_^
July 29, 2010 08:51AM
I hope somebody out there can help. My bootmii.ini currently says:

# BootMii config file
# Created by bootmii config editor

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=PAL60

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
BOOTDELAY=0

If I change AUTOBOOT to be AUTOBOOT=HBC then the Wii does boot straight to the homebrew channel.
July 29, 2010 02:51PM
In the latest BootMii, there is a bug which causes an issue with BootDelay set to zero. Either set it to a different number, or rename the bootmii folder on your SD card (e.g. to ~bootmii), or remove the SD card before turning on Wii and reinsert after.
July 29, 2010 07:01PM
SifJar
no, its just an old game and not many places have it.

a while back i saw it in tesco for around £10 and considered buying it. wish i had now so i could sell it on for more to a poor n00b on 4.3 :D
I bid on one on ebay today, but it finished at £14.50ish which with the postage wasnt worth it considering Play.com have it for £17.99.
Anyhow ive found a copy for £8.99 and have now installed the Homebrew Channel once again.
My only question is do I install Bootmii or not?
I didnt last time and didnt run into any problems, but am just unsure if I should install it this time round.
Some advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login