Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tatsunoko vs Capcom menu update.

Posted by jlenoconel 
Re: Tatsunoko vs Capcom menu update.
July 17, 2010 06:16PM
Now I get it for real. Thanks again, SifJar. You can learn a lot around here.
July 18, 2010 04:23AM
OK, so I successfully updated to system menu 4.1. I chose this because I read that it is the most beneficial system menu to be on and there is no real benefit to having 4.2. I wanted to ask, which ios is used to be able to install usb cameras and what other ios's would you recommend I install. I will test my wii out to see if I have any problems but I think everything is fine. Thanks to those who helped me.

I am having a little trouble downloading some of the ios's eg the one for USB cameras. Is there any reason this would be happening?

Tatsunoko vs Capcom still isnt working through disc channel though. Asking for system update. Weird.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2010 06:27AM by jlenoconel.
July 18, 2010 10:22PM
It still wants to update because you have out dated or missing IOS. Accepting the update should be safe now.
July 18, 2010 11:46PM
I think Priiloader could serve you right, since one of its hacks disable updates from discs. Therefore, you just need to have the IOS used by the game. In case the game doesn't work, it's because that IOS is missing, then you can let Gecko OS install it for you, as SifJar told.
July 19, 2010 01:08AM
I'll try priiloader, although I am not entirely sure how to use it. I used Gecko OS to play the game yesterday but I don't know how to use it to update the OS as you say. I'll have to look into though.
July 19, 2010 02:34AM
Priiloader is just a matter of running the app and following on-screen instructions. It's pretty simple by now, you shouldn't have a hard time learning how to use it. Just make sure you use hacks for your system menu version. Each one has its own set of hacks.
July 19, 2010 09:46AM
I'm still a little confused. I don't know if I mentioned this but I can get the game to load through Gecko OS but not the regular disc channel. What does this mean? I do not see any clear option to know which IOS is missing. Its not really a big deal as I can get the game to load through Gecko but I am still a little concerned. Priiloader sort of had me stumped. Sorry if I am coming across as really stupid lol. I understand some of the wii stuff but not all.

And I tried installing different versions of IOS55 which I believe is used to run the game. I tried IOS55-64-V4633 but not cigar. I might just give up and just load through Gecko because I feel like my system is trying to force an update.

Oh dear, I think I have screwed my wii somehow. It won't boot up and hangs on a black screen. Does anyone know if I can fix this? I did it by stupidly running the channel updater. F*@k. Any suggestions?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2010 11:07AM by jlenoconel.
July 19, 2010 09:25PM
As SifJar told you, the game IOS is the only one needed to run the game, but it's not the only update contained in a disc. The system menu forces you to accept the other updates, while Gecko OS doesn't, so you can run your game without the unecessary updates (for the game in evidence).

Unfortunately, I think there's no salvation for your black screen, since it would require having Bootmii/boot2 or a trucha signed system menu IOS. The game probably upgraded your system menu IOS to a stub or modified your boot2 version and something gone wrong. I might be wrong though. Maybe someone has a more positive diagnosis.
July 19, 2010 09:40PM
Aobx
Unfortunately, I think there's no salvation for your black screen, since it would require having Bootmii/boot2 or a trucha signed system menu IOS. The game probably upgraded your system menu IOS to a stub or modified your boot2 version and something gone wrong. I might be wrong though. Maybe someone has a more positive diagnosis.

Only BootMii/boot2 would fix this I think. I can't be 100% sure without knowing exactly what was on the disc, but I'm guessing either System Menu or System Menu IOS is messed up.

You were on 4.1 right? Perhaps the disc contained 4.2...but even then, it shouldn't have bricked unless at one point you were on 4.3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login