Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which version of the Sys. Menu is on Super Mario Galaxy 2?

Posted by jackos2500 
Which version of the Sys. Menu is on Super Mario Galaxy 2?
August 16, 2010 09:31AM
Which version of the System Menu is on Super Mario Galaxy 2?
Re: Which version of the Sys. Menu is on Super Mario Galaxy 2?
August 16, 2010 11:45AM
If by what you mean is what update is on the SMG2 disc, then it is 4.2.
August 16, 2010 08:24PM
Sonicdude41
If by what you mean is what update is on the SMG2 disc, then it is 4.2.
Huh? That can't be right. When I inserted the SMG2 disc into my Wii, (running 4.2) The Disc Channel wanted me to update!! (But of course I didn't and used Gecko instead) :)
August 16, 2010 08:29PM
of course...
August 16, 2010 08:55PM
You must be missing an updated IOS. No disc contains 4.3 yet.
August 16, 2010 09:34PM
Use Wii Update File Extractor (WUFE) to find out
August 18, 2010 10:13PM
You have either a missing or an outdated IOS. If you have ever downgraded IOS, or used a "safe" updater, this is probably the reason. It could also be you have an old boot2, which would again be true if you used a "safe" updater.
August 20, 2010 04:45PM
There is something else. I ran into something similar with New SMB Wii:

I was already on 4.2 and I ran HackMii installer 0.6, then I uninstalled DVDX.

After doing so, I tried to run NSMB and it gave me the alert again that it needed to update. I let it update again, and when I entered HackMii installer it appeared again as if DVDX was installed! So I gave uninstall DVDX again, and NSMB told me it needed to update again. And so on...

What I could deduce was that 4.2 update was installing a channel placeholder to overwrite DVDX, and if it was not found, it asked to update again.

There is some other weird feature I have noticed with 4.2 disc-based updates. For both me and my friend which had HBC installed prior to installing the update from the disc, it gave us the alert saying that it was going to remove all 'illegal software' installed and that if it was installed it could harm my wii. and after doing the install, it updated our Wii's to 4.2.

But in other two ocassions I have used that same disc to update other friends' Wiis which had no HBC installed, and besides that I didn't get that scary alert message, it updated their Wii's to 4.1!! Not only that, but it didn't update their boot2 to v4! The time it happened to my first friend I didn't believe it, I thought I had done something wrong (although it came to my attention that it didn't gave me the warning), but eventhough having 4.1, SMB Wii ran just fine. The second time it happened to me, I confirmed my thoughs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login