Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3.4 notdvdx

Posted by comex 
3.4 notdvdx
December 24, 2008 11:43PM
Just hold on.

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 12:45AM by comex.
Re: Anyone on 3.4 want DVDX (legally)?
December 24, 2008 11:48PM
This doesn't sound shady. He wants to be contacted privately so he can send you a secret version of an existing app which supposedly works 3.4 even though the existing version of dvdx doesn't. If this were true, he would release it publicly. Even though he says dvdx in his topic title he refuses to elaborate beyond "something" in his post. Definitely not shady at all.

Redacted. Comex knows what he's doing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 12:08AM by Arikado.
December 24, 2008 11:53PM
What the heck are you talking about Arikado? I said I wanted someone to test it, because I don't have 3.4. Once that happens, sure I'll release it. Good grief...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 12:14AM by comex.
December 24, 2008 11:54PM
I've seen way too many similiar scams going around and heard of bricked wiis from them. By the way, you never said you were on 3.4

Redacted. Comex knows what hes doing.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 12:14AM by Arikado.
December 24, 2008 11:56PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2008 11:58PM by comex.
December 25, 2008 12:12AM
I talked to comex via IRC and he knows what hes doing. Hes convinced me that his exploit for installing dvdx may more than likely work. Unfortunately, I'm on 3.1 so I can't test it. I'm eagerly awaiting the results of someone else testing it though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 12:12AM by Arikado.
December 25, 2008 12:39AM
someone else just released a 3.4 version of DVDx yesterday... the guy Arikado was accusing me of helping with illegal **** (haha, no problem though... I wasn't paying attention)
December 25, 2008 12:48AM
Hello,
are you talking about this?
[forum.wiibrew.org]
If so, installing those wads requires IOS16, which is rather difficult to install legally.
If not, link?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 12:48AM by comex.
December 25, 2008 12:51AM
haha, yeah... I just saw "I need a place to host files" so I posted the link...

but at least you have a legal DVDx 3.4 version
December 26, 2008 06:18AM
i didnt make the files, i have little knowleged about the wii itself, dont know how to make anykind of dol or elf, but the file i was show worked, now granted the creator should have been involed. the guy that installed it to my wii tried explaing how he did it. but i still dont know nothing about programming of any sort, the only programs im useful at are msdos (win) and bash (lin). please dont accuse me like that.
December 26, 2008 06:29AM
Arikado
This doesn't sound shady. He wants to be contacted privately so he can send you a secret version of an existing app which supposedly works 3.4 even though the existing version of dvdx doesn't. If this were true, he would release it publicly. Even though he says dvdx in his topic title he refuses to elaborate beyond "something" in his post. Definitely not shady at all.

my accual intension was hopfully someone would look at it.
December 26, 2008 03:59PM
cl87
Arikado

my accual intension was hopfully someone would look at it.
Huh? Whats the purpose for quoting me when your post isn't about me or comex's dvdx (at least I don't think it is).

By the way. I'm dying to see someone test comex's dvdx version. I really think its gonna work on 3.4
December 26, 2008 08:25PM
ill try it out and let you know im on 3.4 ill be back on later on tonight, ive already removed my files of it from my wii
December 27, 2008 01:26AM
im on version 3.4 on my wii i will try but not willing to have my wii bricked but if u want to test it im mo than willing who cares if its illigal live life on the edge thts wat i say lol let me now
December 27, 2008 01:40AM
Guys, if you want to test, you have to PM or e-mail comex. Don't bother posting publicly. He's not gonna post his dvdx publicly. Again, he will only send it to you privately. So... PM or e-mail him already!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2008 01:40AM by Arikado.
December 27, 2008 02:24PM
Worked perfectly for me. :]

My Wii has v. 3.3

Safe and ready for a public release imo!
December 27, 2008 03:17PM
theN00Bcomers
im on version 3.4 on my wii i will try but not willing to have my wii bricked but if u want to test it im mo than willing who cares if its illigal live life on the edge thts wat i say lol let me now

Take a look at the "L" key on your keyboard. Now look at the key below it. It's called a "period". It's used to end sentences. Look at the but button under your caps lock. It's called a "Shift" key. It's used to make the first letter of your sentence "capital".
December 28, 2008 03:41AM
redacted

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2008 06:11AM by comex.
December 28, 2008 03:47AM
strongfan
Take a look at the "L" key on your keyboard. Now look at the key below it. It's called a "period". It's used to end sentences. Look at the but button under your caps lock. It's called a "Shift" key. It's used to make the first letter of your sentence "capital".
haha, can I use this elsewhere?

And, so I'm not off-topic, cool DVDx on 3.4 =]
December 28, 2008 05:39PM
Confirmed, this is working with 3.4, thanks Comex!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login